Why do girls automatically assume that the guy who is alone at a club is a creep?

Some guys just like to go alone because their friends hold them back/aren't as adventurous as they are/are in serious relationships/injured.
There are countless reasons.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most women go to clubs to socialize with friends (dance, drink, etc.). When they see/meet a guy who is out by himself, they think he's just there to try to get his dick wet, and that comes across as desperate or creepy (and sometimes manipulative, for example, if the guy is a "PUA"). Even if a woman is open to hooking up with a guy at a club, its more of an after thought (she happened to meet a guy, had a good time with him, and decided to hook up with him), rather than her sole purpose for going to the club. If a guy is by himself, he's likely going up to woman after woman, trying to find one who will go home with him, and that makes him really unattractive to women. If you're hoping to meet a guy, you want to meet one who is actually into you, not one who treats you as part of a "numbers game" and you just happen to be the first woman to say "yes".

Guys who go to bars (rather than clubs) are a little less creepy because they're a lower key atmosphere, so its easier to imagine that maybe he's on a work trip and decided to grab a drink before going to his hotel, or maybe he's new to town and looking to meet new people. But many women will still find you creepy if you seem like you're just there to get laid.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know why people do that as in making an assumption about someone just because they go out by themselves. I've gone out by myself to go have a beer or a bourbon... only to have guys make the assumption I'm out to get picked up or whatever... so yeah I understand what you're talking about... and I say fuck ' em and their egotistical attitude...

• I don't necessarily assume they're a creep, but if they're not a backpacker or something then I assume they don't have any friends, and people that don't have any friends usually have character flaws.

Furthermore, I assume he's there to pick up chicks or something.

If there is an event (live band, etc) I won't think anything of it though.

• i don't assume that

• 1. Does he look like a creep?
    2. Is he acting like a creep?

• You're generalizing. Not every girl assumes that. The sooner you understand that, the better. Otherwise, you're just being negative.

• Actually, I can show you countless videos where girls generalise guys who are alone as creeps. They make fun of them with questions like "how come that weirdo doesn't even have any friends here?"

PS, the reason I ask isn't because I don't get a chance to talk to girls. It's game on as usual once I break that barrier. It is, however, a lot slower to get interacting with a girl if I don't have other company, and the main reason for their assumption that a guy who is alone must be a creep.

• I guess you explained your own malevolent persona. I doubt that's going to help you grow up though.

• Furthermore, if you didn't have issues with girls, you wouldn't bother to post this question. Grow up? I am grown enough to leave my response as what it is and end the conversation when I realize someone is just posting for the sake of complaining. But I'm sure someone else will respond and help you wallow in your grim outlook on someone elses perception of "creepy". But whatever. Have a nice day.

What Guys Said 1

• There may be countless reasons why particular friends are not with you - but there's only one reason why you don't have any friends who can accompany you. That is that you don't have friends.