Why did she call me if she don't want to talk?

I just recently came into contact with a old girl I used to date 4 years ago. We exchange numbers and have been talking sporadically for the last 6 months but no contact. We play phone tag a lot and won't speak to each other for weeks even months. Then she will randomly call me or text me.

This time she called me, been 2 months since I last heard from her. I missed it because I was at work. (text convo)
Me: Im reoccupied with work
Her: just checking up on you
Me: I will call you later
Her: oh your fine

What the hell does that mean? Why she even call me in the first place if she didn't want to talk?
"oh your fine"

Most Helpful Guy

• She told you - she was just checking up on you.

Girls like their partner to know that they were thinking about them - because that's the sort of behaviour they would like to see in their partner.

She would like you to send such texts in the future. "Hi, just thinking about you" that sort of thing.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• She's trying to say that she's not upset that you can't talk right away. It's nothing bad or good.