What would you say this means to you?

I was on a dating website and was messaging a guy. A typical question I'll ask someone when we first start talking is "what are you looking for on here?" Meaning are you going for a relationship or just dating or whatever. So the guy responded and said "Looking for a friend but possibly more." And he proceeded to ask me the same thing.

If someone told you this on a dating site, what would you assume the person meant? Considering this is a dating site and I mean I guess I find it odd for someone to say you on there looking for a friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be that they are looking for a sexual thing.
    It could be that they are giving themselves an out in the case of them not liking you in that way. They can keep you as the "friend" they "wanted."
    Yeah, I don't buy that a guy is going to a dating site to look for a friend of the opposite gender. Why would anyone do that?

What Guys Said 4

• i think that usually is code for they are looking for a friend with benefits, and that they *might* be open to it becoming more.

• It means he's looking for sex. He doesn't want to come right out and say it because if he does, you'll probably get freaked out and stop responding. I promise you, he's not there looking for a woman to be "just friends" with.

• It's called pre- rejection!

• He maybe said that to not look creepy or something

What Girls Said 0