Women act snobby to see if a guy can handle them?

So in my Marriage class in college the professor asked what kinds of things people do on a first date. One of the girls in class said well I act bitchy to see if a guy can handle me. Almost all the girls in class nodded and agreed with her. Do girls really do this? Is it the same when they tease a guy they like? This one girl that I think liked me made fun of my arms and said they were skinny even though they were not (I workout a lot). What gives?

Most Helpful Girl

• WELL, if we're supposed to act bitchy only on dates, I've been doing this wrong my whole life. No, I really don't act any different than usual on a first date because I would only date a guy that I know, so he should know how I act and I don't really act any different. I might be a little more talkative but snobbier? Not a bit.
    As far as a girl who kinda makes fun of you and you think might like you, it's entirely possible. Being a little meaner is my way of flirting, it might be hers too.

What Girls Said 8

• Women act snobby to see if a guy can handle them?
    Some gals do. I highly doubt gals in general act this way as I find most gals are quite desperate for male attention and tend to go out of their way to please their guy or their interest.

Is it the same when they tease a guy they like?
    No I think that's more of a regressive form of demonstrating interest. I state regressive as I find such behavior more common in children (though in my experiences/observations it's more of a guy thing to tease who they like).

This one girl that I think liked me made fun of my arms and said they were skinny even though they were not (I workout a lot). What gives?
    Possibly you may have thought she liked you because you liked her as I find guys generally project their own interest onto a gal and she may have liked you or she may have been insulting you having a different opinion than you of what is skinny arms.

• No I didn't like her. She liked me.

• Generally the kind of teasing and making fun you described in your question I see mostly in elementary school.

The teasing and making fun of a guy I see in most flirting is more playful and full of sexual innuendo not designed to insult/hurt a guy.

Egh nowhere did I state, suggest, imply, or mention gals are bisexual or even bring up bisexuality so do tell why you stated "Most girls are straight not bisexual anyways"... o. O

• Really how did you think it was reasonable/logical to state: "Most girls are straight not bisexual anyways." in response to: "Meh excluding the possibility of you lying it seems she's may be showing a regressive form of demonstrating interest found in elementary school children."

WTCupcake is that about? o. O

I was talking about the kind of teasing/making fun being a regressive childish form of showing interest and you're talking about most gals are straight not bisexual... o. O

• Anyone who conducts test on a first date is a loser. You're showing a side of your self that doesn't exist anyways.

I'm sure some women do this, just as some men do. Does everyone do it? I highly doubt that.

Teasing and playing is a form of flirting for some people. Like how some animals wrestle and play before they have sex. Even though it probably fails a majority of the time because it can come off as offensive/annoying. Many women aren't good at flirting either.

Choose better people to hang around.

• Women do that to test the Alphaness of potential mates. If you get angry or resentful you are off their potential sex buddy list. If on the other hand, you defend yourself and make them laugh and carry yourself with dignity she will be more interested. You can use bitch and snobby behaviour to your advantage. Men do the same but further in the relationship. They try to measure their chicks asshole meter and see how much crap she can take.

• I don't act bitchy but sometimes I do things that are stupid or slightly rude just so I can make sure I don't associate with somebody who is judgmental or superficial. I don't want to invest a lot of my time in a friendship with somebody who is going to run at the first sign of difficulty so I will sometimes break social norms on purpose to weed out the superficial people.

• I don't personally know any women who are rude or bitchy on their first date to see if guys can handle them. Generally, they're sweeter than usual so as to leave a good impression. It seems like you're just stuck with a lot of girls who aren't the nicest. Also, it may have been that not all of those girls agreed, but the fact that an amount of them -did- pressured them into saying they do. Peer pressure is a thing.

• Never heard such a thing and none of my girlfriends do it. She sounds immature.

• I see no point in doing something like that. I see no point in testing or playing games.

• Maybe it was her way of flirting with you. I act really nice because that's I am only a bitch if I need to be

What Guys Said 1

• Doesn't surprise me. I sorta get why they do it but they are going about it the wrong way. The thing is a lot of "nice guys" fake their interest in things and girls like to know a guy is being honest with them.

Now acting snobby and off-putting will just create more distance. The problem is the guy will truly be turned off then leave then the girl will chase the guy and the games will begin which is the problem with all the "test games." These are the same girls who will get a friend to hit on you "just to see if you'll cheat."