Why are women so much more picky to go out with a guy form online dating than in real life?

Shouldn't it be the other way around cause I am confused

0|1
3|6

Most Helpful Girl

• meeting someone online is scarier than if you met them organically. he could be a serial killer for all you know. and because everyone gives lots of info about someone on their profiles, it's easier to spot red flags and move on. if you meet in real life, you get to know them more gradually, so if you spot those red flags, you still move on, but it's a longer process.

1|0
    0|0
    • makes sense

• How absolutely hilarious! Serial killer? You could meet a nice guy at the grocery store or church and four months later you're pushing up daises! Get real.

• I agree with Theguyoverthere. we get super creeped out by the influx of "wanna fuck" "suck my dick baby" messages and follow up "you fucking cunt" or "nasty ass bitch" messages when we're not amenable. People online can be scary. if it's hilarious to you, you probably haven't experienced it.

Most Helpful Guy

• In real life you get a much better sense of the person compared to written text. Online, you have to hope the guy is who he is. Granted, people lie in real life, it's easier to spot and online it is easier to hide the fact that the guy may be married and such.

Overall though, most girls just have that "He will be a serial killer" mentality due to the inbox of "DTF" messages they get and angry messages they get for simply not replying to somebody. It is overwhelming for them. Throw in the publicized "online killer stories" and they're basically stuck between wanting to date and being "too scared" to.

1|1
    0|0
    • interesting perspective

• 90% are D4c's hungry for some strange. Their pissed because some guy won't give them enough. They have a block button on the more popular sites. They love the nasty comments or they would have blocked them

• i tried online dating once. never again. i block every person with a nasty message. there are always more coming.

What Girls Said 2

• Guys online seem to be crazier than guys in real life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Online takes so much effort and ambiguity that's why. It's more awkward and artificial than meeting in person.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Ok, here's a quick number's game for you. Let's say you go to a bar. There's 400 people there, 200 guys, out of those 100 are single. So for every one single girl, there's a potential she's going to be hit on by let's say...20 of them. So 20 guys approach her and she decides which of the 20 she'll engage with.

Online, there are 20,000 people on a site, 10,000 of them are guys... and they're ALL single. SO now, she's likely to be hit on by 2,000 guys. Not only are the odds a stacked a lot higher against you, but now she's thinking "I must be very hot if 2,000 guys are messaging me". Where in the bar scenario, she'd pick guys who are 6's or higher (on a hotness scale of 10) now she thinks she should pick only those who are 8's or higher

1|0
    1|0
  • because they are all sherlocks that can tell when meeting face to face if they guy is a lying peice of shit, and will treat her poorly in the future. where as finding someone online, its far too hard to pick up on all the subtle clues.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because there is always something better just around the corner. It's the women that are addicted to internet dating. Ex;Decent looking gal 6-10 messages daily over a five year span and they still haven't found anyone. Guys send out maybe 200 messages in a 2 month period and get maybe 8 responses.6 -10 messages is a very very conservative number. So I guess the answer to your question is because they can and do!

0|0
    0|0
  • this should be self explanatory.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because, almost inevitably, a woman has to be picky to want to resort to online dating.

0|0
    0|0