Guys just want to hook up with me?

Im in high school and my friend heard these guys talk about me and one of them said they wanted to hook up with me. I dont dress or act slutty but even though i dress modestly with good fashion sense, random guys will still look or stare at me. I am quiet so i try to not draw attention to myself. I talk to guys and stuff and they are nice but it seems like they just want to hook up and not date me. I've heard guys talk about me but they dont talk to me? I think i am girlfriend material at least compared to my friends who have had multiple boyfriends so why is it that they say they want to hook up with me and not say they want me to be their girlfriend? Although None of them have actually gone up to me and asked to hook up I see boys nod at me when theyre with their friends. This one guy in my class kept following me around when we had to check out each group's presentation even though I had no idea who he was. I think I am just as pretty as the girls who do have boyfriends. Seriously I've never even been asked to homecoming by a guy. I doubt its cause theyre shy because they have asked other girls. Am i just not good enough for these guys or something? It's hurting my self esteem.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, this is for one reason, and that is you show guys a certain standard, you don't look easy, so they want to hook up just to see if you are, but really, they see what your about and realise that you would probably be a little out of their league, so don't sweat it, wait for a guy who is worthy, and not one of these guys who second guesses your talents. A guy will eventually be willing to make a move because of what he see's and feels your all about, and then make the move because he will feel as if he is worthy of you, and want to prove that, others will just want to try the easy way just to see if your all what you seem and just expect to be able to hook up with you, but a guy who is genuinely interested would be willing to give more effort towards you and obviously expect the same from you, x

What Guys Said 2

• Its probably because you're a little shy. They probably are very attracted to you but afraid to approach cuz of that. It is-at least to me-a little harder to approach a beautiful woman if she's shy rather than more out going. They could even think you are gorgeous and stuck up because of it. I've been thought of as snobby cuz Im a little shy but thats not the case at all. I know how difficult it is but try to be just a little more out going then a little more and a little more and so on. Maybe ask a guy to the next girl-ask-guy dance and see what happens. One last thing, be yourself and dont change who you are to get a guy. Dont start dressing more riské or something like that. If you advertise yourself for a gentleman, one will find you. It may take a little longer but its worth it. Hang in there and avoid pricks at all cost! No matter how cute or smooth they are. :)

• They are jerks, they think you're hot, but they are still jerks. You can wear anything, dress modestly and stuff and guys will still think you're just as beautiful as you were before. Just dont get with a guy that simply wants to have sex with you.

What Girls Said 1

• Have you ever heard the story about the apple tree?
    “Girls are like apples... the best ones are at the top of the trees. The boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think there is something wrong with them, when, in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree...”
    If they don't want you for the right reasons you don't want them.
    Wait for the right guy, He'll come along eventually. And if you don't wait, you may regret it when he does come.