Am i the only one that thinks boyfriends should text/call everyday?

my boyfriend of over a month recently went phoneless. his screen broke so he can't use his phone at all. the day it happened, he messaged me on Facebook and told me about it. we hung out that night and everything was fine. The next day, i messaged him and he didn't respond even though i know he saw the message. When he didn't answer, i showed up at his house and he was pleasantly surprised and he said he knew i was going to come over because i'm smart. We hung out that night and the day after and everything was perfect.

Today, he hasn't messaged me on Facebook like i expected him to and i'm kind of worried because this is the longest we have gone without communication. i know he is a really busy person and i don't wanna seem too clingy by messaging him first. Is this an issue of space because i know he mentioned that he liked being phoneless because his family couldn't contact him. But what about me? Doesn't he care about asking how i'm doing since we don't see each other that much during the weekday and texting/calling is how we catch up on things?

Am i overreacting? He knows that i like it when he texts me but even if he doesn't have a phone, why won't he use Facebook ? I feel like he doesn't care like he says he does when he doesn't check up on me.

• nope
  • yep
he messaged me :)

Most Helpful Guy

• if your only dating then every day is not required. if you were really serious then I would expect him to.

• we are in a serious committed relationship. it has just been for over a month now

• ok i understand what you mean

• to be honest I think two people in any kind of relationship should be talking or texting every day. I am in a position where I am single again and eventually will date for the first time in over 25 years. I am trying to get myself mentally prepared. If I am my true self then I am very monogamous and get very serious very fast. I would probably scare most women away. If I set expectations low when I do start dating I won't be disappointed.

What Guys Said 5

• I think a guy should contact you everyday. Guys are different though. Try not to worry about it too much. Talk to him about it.

• i have talked to him about it without nagging. i told him it made me feel special when he texts me everyday and still he doesn't do it. i mean i understand he doesn't have a phone now but there's Facebook ..

• Guys can be dumb. Sometimes you have to say I dont like it when you dont text me during the day instead of saying I like it when you do. If he still dont, he's just a jerk. Then if you push it, hell start feeling like you're nagging. Sorry guys are jerks.

• I have a friend who thinks his girlfriend should be in contact with him throughout the day. I tell him he is too needy, and neediness is a turnoff for most people. But with todays ability to text and everything else many people are in contact several times a day. Some people though are not that into constant contact, if your guy is not, then asking for more attention is only going to turn him off.

• Don't be clingy! He is just busy.

• Afraid to appear clingy? I'm afraid it's too late for that my friend lol. Goodness, you need to tone it back by A LOT

• I do what I want.

What Girls Said 3

• I mean I think he should message you back, but a lot of times I have to send my bf a text first and he LIKES it that way, he rarely texts anyone first unless he really needs to ask something or something like that, if he misses me he'll just call. lol

• Absolutely they should

Mine does everyday

• Just give it time and try not to think too much of it. I talk to my boyfriend of about a year like a few times a day, we see each other even less and we're just fine. If you want to message him, then do, but don't get too hung up if he takes a while to message you back. Like you said, he's a busy person. He'll get to you when he can.