Should I (female) make a move?

I've begun volunteering with a guy the last few months. A few things have happened that make me wonder if he's interested
- during a meeting, I caught him looking at me twice across the table, when the speaker was sitting near him on the opposite side from me
- during a smaller meeting in a more public area, I was in an in depth conversation with 2 others and he walked by and greeted me, then we chatted very briefly
- otherwise, he is generally friendly and we've talked a little beyond the volunteering that we share in common
- from what I know, he isn't seeing anyone but I'd probably want to confirm that by asking a mutual friend
Just wondering if I should go for it and ask him if he'd like to go for coffee?
One friend gave me advice to play hard to get, etc... not sure about that!
What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there's a really good chance he's interested in you, too. Don't play games like "hard to get," 'cause that drives guys crazy (in the wrong way). Even though there are guys who wouldn't admit it, we LIKE it when a girl makes the first move and does something like ask us to go for coffee.

• Thanks! That's what I've thought all along...
      I have asked 2 guys to go for coffee before, but both of them happened to be seeing someone when I asked :-/
      It's soo awkward to recover from that! Any suggestions?

• I know it's hard, but don't take it personally, because the guys you asked to go for coffee were decent enough to say that they were seeing someone else. They were being faithful, and that's a good reflection on them, and NOT a bad reflection on you. Good for you for taking the initiative. Neither of those 2 guys you asked are going to forget that you asked them, and if their current relationships end they may come calling on YOU! Good for you, girl!!!

What Guys Said 3

• If you play hard to get, and he is shy, you will never have anything happen.
    Guys don't like hard to get. Most love a woman that will make the first move. It is a huge ego boost to think someone is attracted enough to us that they would take the first step.
    You go girl... good luck

• Go ask him.

• Sure, go for it if you want too.

What Girls Said 3

• Being that you both are volunteering at the same place, And he has been "googling and gawking" at you some, tells me he finds you attractive. I see no harm in asking him for coffee, and that way you can learn more about one another.
    Good luck. xx

• Ye good things come to those who go out their and get it

• Don't play hard to get. If you are interested show interest chat with him say how was ur weekend anything fun with a girlfriend throw that in there some how and see what he says.

• hahaha thanks! I like your suggestion of sneaking in the girlfriend bit... not sure if I'm bold enough for that

• Look you have to be if you are interested im going through a similar situation and because im shy and don't have the balls to do it because im scared of rejection. But Be strong you can do it :)