Ladies would you break up with your boyfriend if he had gained weight?

My girlfriend was away studying in Europe , during that time I had medical issues and gained weight up to 225 at 6'3.

I'm in the process of losing the weight but since I'm still not at perfect health it takes time.

Long story short my sports crazy girl will come home to a fat bf who used to be pretty fit

Do you think she will be disgusted and break up with me or give me some time to get back in shape?

She knows I gained weight but the reality of it is probably different.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but I am pretty sure that my bf would break up with me.

What Girls Said 10

• If she truly loves you, she's not going to break up with you. Will she find you less attractive? I'm not sure since I'm not her.

But I think if she loves you, she will understand. We all go through periods of weight gain and loss. Fitness and fatness. It's normal, so don't feel bad.

You've at least acknowledged that you need to do something about it.

IF she is a good gf, she will offer to work out with you and help you get back in shape.

• If you had a medical condition, but are trying to lose weight, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

That is different vs, commintting slow suicide by eating yourself to death and not giving a shit about it.

• A) It'd probably be my fault because I love to cook and feed people xD B) You cannot help a medical condition C) Everyone fluxuates in weight gain and weight loss throughout their lives!

• No, I wouldn't and I would hope that your girlfriend would be understanding considering the fact that you've had medical issues.

• There is no way in hell I would break up with the man I love just because there is even more of him. Why waste all that time and effort into a relaionship just to give it up on something that can be easily changed..
    Weight gain can happen for a verity of reasons : stress, finances, depression Oh believe me I know how it feels.
    I would certainly volunteer to make dinner for the next few months however ;)

Hmmm I wonder how many men are willing to stay?

• i wouldn't. i don't care.

• Lol I broke up with my ex partially because of that

• Nope, I would motivate him to get healthy and fit.

• If you're already actively trying to lose the weight I don't know why she'd have a problem with it.

• If she truly loves you she wouldn't break up with you because you gained weight. Plus, with your height I really don't think it would be that noticeable.

What Guys Said 0