What is the most important but often overlooked rule of dating?

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Personally I think it's to never underestimate the importence of the other person's best friend.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never assume that people won't be offended by what you do.

What Girls Said 7

• When people forget to have fun and laugh their asses off together... Laughter should ALWAYS be present in any relationship.

• Don't play games! Be Honest!

• I like your answer!! I think it is always communicating what you are feeling, as long as you know the feeling isn't some fleeting, irrational thing. Communication is SO important.

• I really believe in this day and age, its honesty.

• The golden rule: treat them as you would like to be treated. I would also add don't expect out of others what you yourself cannot offer.

• as beautiful as love is, Dont expect it to be absolutely flawless and perfect in everyway.

Nice answer by the way .
    Answer mine please :)

• Never stop dating each other even when you're married :) aka don't get complacent man!

What Guys Said 7

• Be your damn self. Its common to worry about the other person liking you and to wonder how you should behave to achieve that. When really we should focus on being ourselves because we want someone to like us for who we are, not what we are trying to be.

• Be yourself, so the other person is getting to know the real honest "you".

So many people spend WAY TOO MUCH their time making chess moves to spark liability in the other person... instead of just being themselves and letting nature take it's course.

• I think it's a tie between:
    1. Don't do anything you wouldn't want your partner to do.
    - & -
    2. Each partner should focus on the happiness of the other.

• Don't just assume that you know their expectations... for anything.

• How about keep it simple or commitment

• Looks matter.

• No fat chicks.