Should I go no contact even if we aren't technically on a "break"?

A girl who I had been dating (exclusive, though not official) started acting different, she said she wasn't sure if she was ready for a relationship, but we kept talking, with her initiating a lot of the texting and seeing each other, and then things started feeling different and I asked her out again and she turned me down. We never specifically went on a "break" or anything, and perhaps she just lost interest, or needed space, but am I best suited going no contact, or because we never defined going on a break is that not really a great strategy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually when they say this they either don't want to hurt your feelings and are not into you, or are just preoccupied with other things. I've been here before and the best thing to do is cut contact immediately. Saves you heartbreak and best case scenario she misses you.

• well, when she first said she wasn't ready for relationship, I did stop contacting. then two days later said she missed me, which led to us going out again, and after that date she texted me first again, yet when I asked her out again, that's when she turned me down and has brought me to this point

What Girls Said 2

• Yes you should go no contact because thats what break means to be away from each other this includes no cotact.

• that's my question though, the term "break" was never mentioned or anything like it, basically I'm going from regular contact to none

• right after the time she said not sure about relationship, she texted me days later and said she missed me. from there we kept talking and i asked her out she said yes. after that date she texted me first again. next time i asked she sidestepped and essentially turned me down. now we are on spring break and she's out of country (no cell service) so in that sense no contact, though before that she had been initiating

• Well next is her turn to contact first since she turned you down so wait on her to text you again.

• I would say so yes no contact rule all the way

What Guys Said 2

• I feel like I've been giving this advice a LOT, but yes, you need to cut her out of your life. She's either not ready for a relationship or she's just not wanting one with you. I'm sorry to say, but based on the limited info. we have from your post, it sounds like the latter. Best of luck!

• Yes, I think no contact is best for you. She doesn't want to date you, no need to keep hanging around with her.