Would it be ok if a year 8 (age 12-13) went out with a year 10 (age 14-15)?

Just wondering if this would be
appropriate. Im 13 and i think this guy in year 10 likes me.

• yeah, that would be ok
  • nah, that would not be ok

Most Helpful Girl

• Tots fine, age doesn't really matter in relationships if you like them go for it and Im 13( year 8) and my boyfriend is 15(year 10) so it's totally fine as long as he can suck up to the teasing from people who are like ''Yah get in their mate'' then it's fine go for it no one will judge you and if they do then their a waste of time and space xx

What Guys Said 5

• legal ramifications. might want to check up on what you can and can't do. i for instance, since im 25 can't have sex with anyone under 16 (used to be 18, for some reason they changed it to 16, whoda thought?). anyway, yeah, make sure you're checking your locations legal cases. guys dont want to have sex reports on them

• So your in 8th grade and he's a sophomore in high school, i dont think its a problem, he will get judged though for dating someone so young, he prob will until he's a senior and your a sophomore

• I'd focus more on maturity than age. I've met girls that were 14 and more mature than most 22 year olds.
    I've met 30 year old men with the maturity of a 12 year old.
    So, if you're about the same on maturity, go for it.

• I do want to call out all these girls saying "age is just a number" tho, cause they only say that when the guy is older, not when he's the younger one.
      (not all girls, of course, but most)

• Yes that would be ok

• Its normal. His friends will probably rip on him though.

What Girls Said 5

• Yea it's fine i'm 14 and I like a guy thats 17 so yea.

• there's nothing wrong with a 2-3 year age gap. I was always at least a year to 2 years younger than everyone in my grafe level, so it would have been pretty silly for me to date someone my age when they were in 5th grade while i was in 7th.

• Its ok, I mean your only 2 years apart.

• Age is just a number, go ahead and date him (if you're sure he is not some pervert).
    :)

• Well I think it depends. A 15 year old going out with a 12 year old is kind of creepy. But if he was 14 and since you're 13 thats significantly less creepy.