Does age difference really matter all that much?

My 14 y/o 9th Grade Brother Likes A 12 y/o 6th Grader... Is That Socially Acceptable?

Most Helpful Girl

• That is weird.

What Girls Said 2

• Iys not that weird.

• That is very weird... dude your brother is in highschool. Has the girl even had her period yet? I know 2 years is not much but personally I think your brother should wait another year max.

What Guys Said 2

• Three whole grades apart? That isn't really socially acceptable at all, especially since the guy is older and will be into puberty before she even hits it. I can only hope he doesn't try to get sexual with her when she's way too young for it.

Age differences when you're older are one thing, but when you're that young you really shouldn't even go out of your grade.

• High school to Middle school is a big maturity gap. High school kids like boobs and sex and stuff like that, and 12 year olds have no boobs or sex. So I'd suggest he go a little older.