What do you do when you join a dating site and get 25 responses?

Do you e-mail all of them or randomly pick one and wait until it either works out or ends of its own accord.

Most Helpful Girl

• I tried online dating and at least attempted to respond to each email. Like maskedsanity said, some warrant better responses than others. After a few back and forth, it's pretty easy to tell who you are clicking with and who you're not. Like others have said, take notice with whether or not they actually read your profile depending on what they've said to you, and respond accordingly. Just because it's online doesn't mean everyone is allowed to get all lazy!!! Think of it as mini-dating or speed dating. If all a guy said to you was, "hey, sup" there is little to no chance that he would grab your interest...

What Guys Said 3

• Look at what they are saying. If it is a canned response, "Hi my name is so and so. I like meeting new people, flowers, and stuff. Feel free to email me at..." delete it. If they cannot invest the time to try and contact you personally, then they are not worth your time.

If they took the time to look at your gallery, to read your interests and reply, and you like their profile, then respond to them.

• you respond back to the ones you may be interested in..
    this way you have more choices, and free dinners, coffee, tea, movies, popcorn, chocolate's

• Pick the one you like. Read their profiles.

What Girls Said 4

• I always replied to all of my messages.

If it was a boring old "hi hw r u", then they'd get an equally unimaginative response a la "nthin much you?" - they would usually fuck off after that.

If it was something sexual, then you best believe I will mock the shit out of them.

And of course, if it was a friendly conversation starting question along the lines of "I noticed on your profile you wrote...", then there would be a proper conversation.

Of course, it depends. When I specify on my profile what age range I'm interested in and get messages from guys significantly outside that spectrum, they would be promptly told to go away, because they never bothered to read the profile and just went for it, because they liked my face or thought of themselves to be a "special exception".

I got insults and even death threats from rejected guys. It was quite amusing.

• "nthin much you" I would laugh, then message back

• You know I've looked at profiles and have seen some girls I would love to message, but I think my approach would be to spend some time thinking about what to say. It might take 5 or even 20 minutes. I would think first impressions could be crucial. The problem though is if you look at statistics girls will often not message back. They may not even log in or take it that serious. I can see why guys get into the chain message system. I don't think I would ever do that, but if I put effort into messages and didn't get responses I'd feel annoyed. Either way I would probably only contact a handful of girls.

• Well, surely you'd contact girls, who shared your interests and beliefs, rather than just a pretty face. Also, dating profiles often display how often the person replies, so that can boost your confidence a bit.

Don't overthink your message, just something friendly and lighthearted usually works. At least for me.

I once had a guy send me a praise poem. Creepy as fuck. Or guys, who just start complimenting everything about me. I'm like "Dude, why are you telling me I'm a wonderful person? You never met me, for all you know I could be a bitchy pile of insecurities."

@bubbliexo Thanks! I'm really happy with him too. :D

• Look at profiles and pick a few of them (I'd say no more than 10) to email/message and go from there.
    Don't email all of them because by the last few, it's going to be a very generic, bland, "I want to get this over with" email (and if you copy & paste it's pretty impersonal response) plus it would be hard to keep up with 25 people and their life stories.

• No definitely not all. I will pick the one that I feel I am interested in.

• You message the ones you're interested in.