Downgrading? Is it possible to downgrade and end up unhappy when you only got to experience just the one girl?

So I literally have a perfect girlfriend... She's hotter than hell and a lot smarter than the average girl It's just I want to experience more women see what else is in the world cause I met her VERY early on and never got to get all the crazy out... So my question is am I just being dumb? Or is this a legitimate problem that i should address. I mean i literally hit jackpot on my first girlfriend.

Thought I should add we've been together for four whole years

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need to experience more than one girl, value the "jackpot" that you hit. If it doesn't work out then sure, but don't throw away a perfectly good relationship with a great girl just because you haven't screwed as many sluts as other guys.

Apologize for the vulgarity, but frankly there's nothing to be proud of from sleeping with a lot of girls like young guys are often led to believe. Men like that usually end up unhappy compared to the ones who actually find someone to emotionally invest their time in. Plus you'll probably end up with some STDs or, God forbid, a pregnancy.

What Girls Said 1

• You're dumb for even thinking this. Unless you have a legitimate reason to end it and why it won't work out do not let her go for "experience". Chances are you only win the lottery twice and if you let her go I have a feeling you'll be kicking yourself in the ass forever.

I know a few guys who did this and went through and were distraught for a couple years and are now dating much less attractive women. Not that it's the only redeeming quality women have, but it's notable.

• you're barely 18?
      hit "your" jackpot?

... if you let it go to have others, then don't hurt her anymore!
      ... be honest... or don't be with her!

• *I meant won't win the lottery twice. My mistake!

What Guys Said 6

• Yep I'd say young chap, you are dumb (apologies for that term but fact). Don't screw up something that is lovely and I'm not talking about her being hot but you guys been together for 4 years which also translates to her loving you dearly. Try not doing something to spoil it.

I'd have said more about safer options but you are not yet old enough for those - at least for where I come from.

Try not spoiling something good. When lucks about to change (for the worse in this case presumably) such ideas come up in the mind. Please don't screw it up and PLEASE don't break her heart :)

I really hope that this relationship lasts forever :)

• The reality is that you're under 18 years old, and this relationship isn't going to last forever. It may be your first, but it won't be your last. That doesn't mean that it's not special and not something to be respected, of course. If you feel like there's someone else you'd rather be with then break it off and go experience other people.

• Just want to add that the choice to break it off shouldn't be one made lightly. Often times this feeling is dissolved by just taking a good look at what you already have.

• I understand. I know if I was 17 or 18 and totally in love I'd tell someone like me to screw off and that I know what I'm doing. Haha. I'm just being real with you. The percentage of happy and healthy relationships that start in HS and last forever is very, VERY small.

• It's very true that high school relationships don't usually carry on very long, but some do go all the way to marriage, though that might make you feel worse, lol.

The anxiety from being young and feeling tied down is totally understandable, but you have to ask yourself if you really want to end it with the girl knowing that you probably won't get her back. You're not missing out on as much as you think and you'll probably regret it in my opinion.

• She's the perfect gf, but do you have the perfect relationship? That matters more.

• don't fix what isn't broken. Are you talking about missing out on having sex with other women? I'm a dude and I've had my fair share of women. But, not, I've finally found the one I will spend the rest of my life with, and while i have no regrets, I wish I could only have been with her. If you have something good, don't fuck it up. I don't even know why you're having these thoughts unless there's something you feel is lacking. If so, don't waste her time and be selfish. Move on while you're both still young.

• It sounds like you're being dumb as dogshit. Why look a gift-horse in the mouth?

• if you love it, set it free. i know its cliche, but its usually the best thing for ya

• dont listen to "miss"... she's well, not all there

• says the girl with the private profile

• hiding something?