How soon is too soon to ask her on a date?

I met this girl, Lucy, through mutual friends at a friends party a couple days ago. We hit it off great and both seemed more happy with each other than enjoying the party. I left early because I was in a hurry to get the drunk bastards home. I gave her my number though. So my friends say she recently just got dumped a week prior tothe pparty. If I do get involved with her I am worried I will just be a rebound. She is a great girl though (funny, smart, beautiful). Is it too soon to ask her on a date? Or should I give her space? We talked a bit over text but I haven't seen her since the party because she lives on the otherside of town.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe try to spend more time with her with your friends so its a more casual/group setting and not too formal/romantic just yet. Get a feel of where she's at emotionally and just get to know her more. You could also talk to any mutual friends who may know how she's doing.
    If it was a long and serious relationship I think she'll need more than a couple weeks... but I also don't know the relationship they had so I don't know, only she knows lol.
    Maybe it was a bad relationship or short and she's already over it.
    The only way you'll know is by talking to her.

• Well to my friends it was a long and serious relationship and something about being engaged. I think I was kind of zoned out haha

• The horror...

• Thanks for MH.

What Girls Said 5

• I say wait for a bit. It can take time for a girl to get over this stuff. Just be yourself, supportive and let things flow it's natural course. If you feel she likes you back ask her!

• I think it may be too soon but then again what's the point in waiting? If you want to go on a date and hopefully she does too just do it. There isn't any harm in asking her either.

• I think you should wait a while. She just got dumped so most likely you'll be a rebound if you decide to ask her on a date. Wait a while and see what happens.??

• Maybe hang out with her a couple more times then ask her

• Give it a month. You don't want to be her rebound

What Guys Said 0