Where to meet women other than bars?

Where is the best place to meet women other than bars so I can be in a serious relationship?

I'm going out with my friends to karaoke tonight and I will approach a woman for the first time in my life. . Wish me luck
I'm going to approach a woman tonight at karaoke for the first time in my life.. wish me luck

Most Helpful Guy

• - Coffee shop
    - Bookstore
    - Bed Bath & Beyond & similar stores (or the mall in general)
    - Restaurants (but generally don't hit on the waitstaff)
    - Sports/outdoor activities
    - Social groups (people interested in a specific topic, who get together to talk about it)
    - Grocery store

There are attractive women everywhere, but the big issue is that you have to have CONFIDENCE (ideally, and easy, laid-back confidence) and you have to be able to go up and talk to them for a couple of minutes, and then ask them out if you hit it off with them.

The trick to confidence is to NOT CARE if they say "no", because you realize that there are 5 other girls just in the location that you are at that might be fun to date, so if THIS ONE says "no", it's no big deal - you'll just move on to one of the others. Once you can stop stressing and worrying about hearing "no", you'll be relaxed and will find it much easier to talk to girls (because a "no" won't bother you), and because you are relaxed, your chances of getting a "yes" will go way up.

Another thing: before you even set out to ask girls out, plan at least 3 "dates" worth of activities, so you have thought-out options to offer the girl. A girl is much more likely to respond positively to a SPECIFIC date plan "hey, wanna go shoot some pool at Charlie's with me on Friday ?" vs "ya wanna go out sometime?" You want to get a specific date and time locked in, so that you have a SOLID date with her, before she walks away.

Finally, spend no more than $40 on a first date ($20 is even better!). You never want to try to impress a girl by spending money on her; that sends the wrong message, and you probably can't afford to sustain such spending anyway. Instead, impress her by NOT spending money on her, but rather by relying on your personality and thoughtfulness to keep her interested and entertained. Trust me, unless she's completely shallow, she'll be far more impressed that way.

• They won't let me approach

• Learn to embrace failure. Every single person who is successful at something has failed at it FIRST. The best athletes have lost competitions. The best performers have been "boo'ed". The best businessmen have lots TONS of money.

The reason they are successful is because they understand and expect that failure is PART OF THE *PROCESS* of success.

• But failure hurts

What Girls Said 13

• Facebook , online dating, church, library, cafe, workplace, cinema, park, cosplay (if you're into that thing), gym... You get the idea. The key is to approach them and engage in a conversation with them. I am not going to lie, you will have to face a lot of reject, but you have to suck it up. Eventually, someone will agree to go out with you.

• Online dating, school, classes (take a gym class, art class, clay modeling, wtv..), volunteering is always good because then you meet nice people who care about others. Join a cause, an organization, or an extremely random part time job (like work for the elections once every few years).

• I work too hard for my job to be working more for free.. I've done my share of volunteer work

• A relationship is also going to take work. A LOT of work, time and energy. If you don't have time to volunteer (even just once or twice) I doubt you'll have time for a relationship.

• I was engaged once and I've been in a relationship

• Depending on where you live, I've went to meet up groups try googling it and see if there are any in your area. Its a group of people that go to activity that you like as well such as jazz concert in the park for example and everyone one goes as a group. There are all kinds of meet up groups.

• I have read all the comments here by you in response to all the great ideas on where to meet people, you don't even want to try at all, in my personal opinion, you keep coming up with more excuses. You won't reach your goal unless you have listed the points that could lead you to the possibilities. No body gets to home run until they get to different stages of base first.
    Do you really want to come out of your shell at all or just have the same attitudes forever. You have to put work into it, if it means dealing with rejection and feeling uncomfortable along the way.

• Join clubs (not like dance clubs, but like interest clubs) in your area. You'll meet people with similar interests and I'm sure there will be a few single girls there there too. If you want a serious relationship you need to have some things in common. Just google clubs in your city and see what's available. My friends an I all attend art groups, and groups with interests in travel, and book clubs... all kinds of different things. They usually meet once a week or once a month.

• Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it

• Well, then sorry to say... but you may just be a lost cause. lol

• So I don't deserve love and companionship? That's cruel u say lol

• Christian Mingle, Match. com , a church, a meet up group

• Those are great sites. But at the moment I can't afford them. .

• I'm just going to stop being hard on myself and not care what women think of me. It's what I think of me that matters?

• This is seriously a hilarious conversation. I feel bad for the asker but Hyped up on Coffee... you're a saint for dealing with all this lol

• The internet. I met both my ex and current boyfriend online and other great men that I dated.

• I tried online dating, the women are mean on there but I did meet my ex on there too

• Online dating works for women more then men

• @popnlock I think you're right

• Online dating, work.

• Okcupid. I know so many couples who met on there including me and my fiance! Just be aware that guys are expected to make the first move. You'll have to be persistent. Okcupid also does events where they rent a venue and only invite only a group of people that are compatible with each other within a certain percent.

• I tried ok cupid but the girls never respond to my messages or read my profile

• A woman wrote my profile with my input of course

• Is that something you could put in a question on this website? Could you ask people for imput on what you should fix in your profile?

• cafes, weddings

• I would say to try a coffee shop or a library/ bookstore :)

• Those women are too smart for me

• Rejection is always a risk. But I know guys who aren't scared of rejection, and they get the hottest women. And the guys often aren't all that good looking. Other guys are staring at her worrying about rejection and never make a move.

• Maybe the guy has a lot of money

• hahaha! walmart i quess

• Friends of friends.

• I try to get my friends to set me up but they say everyone is taken which I don't buy

• Don't get them to set you up. That's stupid. Its better if your friends and their friends all hang out. No one being set up with anyone, just let everything happen organically. All of this forced crap like being set up, club/bar prowling, online dating, etc isn't as effective (unless casual sex or short-lived "relationships" are what you're looking for).

What Guys Said 11

• Most of my friends have met their spouses at school, work or church. A couple even through our circle of friends. But seeing as you're not in school or you don't have any friends, try volunteering. If not, online dating. I know it's not the best way but it's the 21st century and many relationships are being formed via online now. Good luck.

• I met my better half on zoosk and its changed my life for the better. Just have to be careful.

• Agreed. While they have creeps too, paying sites are better than the free ones (in my opinion).

• I know from experience. . As Soon As I Build Up The Courage I'll Approach Women In Person

• Studies suggest that the greatest influence for relationships to occur is proximity.

Neighbors, work place, school, etc.

That is the macro level. The driving force however tends to be on the micro level: person on your team at work, person who not only lives in your building but is on the same floor as you, classmate you sit next with/an assigned study partner, etc.

In short, take advantage of this fact and manipulate the situation in your favor by making sure you're in her proximity.

Familiarity is important in human interaction.

• All the women in my neighborhood are way out of my league

• Hmm, gym or cafe are options. Church--I go to church occasionally, not sure the atmosphere is good there for men.

And flirting with women "on the street" is fine. I wouldn't literally do it on the street, given the cars and traffic, lmao, but in stores or wherever is fine.

• So you go to church just to meet women?

• Nope, though I'm like Wolverine compared to the wimpodites that pass as males there. I loathe church, there's so much BS getting taught that's not even in the Bible.

• It's called daygame approaches. Pickup artist style. Very difficult to do it right but it's a good skill to have

• I wanna fall in love at a coffee shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erywPdFfORE

And then bang in the bathroom like the slut that I am.

• In all seriousness tho, it doesn't really matter where you meet her as long as its not a shady place. Just go out to a place you'd take a girl on a date to, that way you know she likes being in the same places you do.

• Try to find a good cafĂ©. Perhaps even go to one near or on a college. There you'll meet people in a relaxed and more wholesome atmosphere. Try starting up small talk and see where it goes. I think that is the best option.

• IM too old for college girls

• The gym, whole foods, at a stop light, walmart parking lot, chuck e cheese

• Won't they get mad if I approach?

• Well I shop there :). No but omg the girls that work at the one by my house are amazing :Q

• Those women only want hot guys to talk to them so that leaves me out

• Party's, through friends, gym social mixed sports teams, tinder lol

• I don't have any friends

• Go to a library. There you'll find serious girls who'd need serious guys for a serious relationship.

• Facebook

• Facebook ? How?

• Set a sexy display pic. add fb friend request to girl you like. search girls by age or by location using fb search. and start chatting with them. and send only 5 request to girls each day and send request again after 3 days. or else Facebook will block you.

• At your place of employment.