Should I give up on him because of another girl?

So there is this guy I really like and I am pretty sure that he likes me too. We flirt all the time and he asked me for my number and texted me to hang out. We also have lunch together and everything is always great.

But there is another girl... I don't quite know what is going on between them, but he is pretty friendly with her too and they also study together sometimes. I know she has been to his dorm before and met his roommate and I haven't yet... Then on Facebook she wrote that he gave her a card and brownies for her birthday.

I feel like this guy and I great together but I really don't like the feeling of competing with another girl. I really don't want to give up on him because I really like him, it seems like he is closer to the other girl then he is to me. Should I give up even though I really like him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I always believe communication is the key. If you feel like they are dating, or if you just don't want the competition you can just flat out ask him. You can ask him in a nice, kinda flirty way to not make it too serious (if you want) or make it serious and say "Are you dating anyone?" "Are you dating this girl?" etc. See what he says, if he says she's just a friend, I would wait a little longer, and see how their relationship unfolds, but no I wouldn't necessarily give up on him. I mean from the sounds of it, it seems like you guys are casual friends. Am I correct? So if I were you talk to him, see what he says, and go from there. Communication will always solve things. It will solve this problem for you right away! :)

I understand though the competition of another girl. I hate that too. I usually though ask the guy if he likes her or me, and what he has to do, I usually end up giving up on them as well, but I learned by doing that it doesn't solve anything, and I even had one guy say to me "You ditched me completely, and went out of my life, when I really wanted you! I didn't want Jane! (fake name)" But you get the drift, lol. So just make sure you talk to him, and wait it out a bit and see how their relationship unfolds, and take it from there! Hope I helped! Take care! :)

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say never fight over us guys. If we want you and you just show us by a slight bit interest in me and i see that if we want to be with you we will. If he see's your fighting over it he might decide to take advantage of that and have fun with the two of you. Tell him you like him or think he is cute or w. e it maybe. We don't mind if a girl makes the first move because sometimes we dont know if we should or dont wanna get rejected. But your some where between 18 and 24 so if you like him just tell him... if he doesn't then you get your answer. Instead of fighting or competing for his attention.

• Wtf? No? Fight spartans! Fight!

What Girls Said 1

• Well you should learn some thing , everything is fair in love and war. Also good things don't come to those who wait , they come to people who go out there and fucking get it