What issues can come up with dating a youger guy?

Is dating a younger guy bad? I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 17.

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't really matter who's older. What matters is that you enjoy each other's companionship.

What Guys Said 3

• No. At your age, that shouldn't matter at all. You are both about the same age.

• It's not bad ... But keep in mind, there are sure to be some things in which you'll be disappointed, things he says or does, or things he doesn't say or doesn't do.

What Girls Said 3

• There is nothing wrong with dating a younger guy. Unless he's immature. Then that's a problem. But to me age doesn't matter. To me age is just another number. So don't worry. Good Luck.

• Big age differences can be awkward at your age, but 18 and 17? Honey, you've got nothing to worry about as far as that goes. :)

• You both are so close in age that it probably won't make a difference. The only thing I can think of is (not that its true with all guys) but guys generally take longer to mature, meaning that if you want to be with a mature guy dating younger isn't the way to go. But no, dating younger isn't bad.