Ethical question for other men?

So I have an ethical dilemma. I've been out of the game for a while, physically and psychologically. There's a girl who's really into me. I'm not interested in dating her and I don't think she's very attractive... But she's ok.

Should I go through the motions with her as sort of a warmup and then end it nicely? Just to get my confidence and experience back up to par. Anyone done this and had it turn out well/not well?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't waste everyone's time (yours and the girl's) dating people you aren't attracted to. Not only is it somewhat unethical, but it's also ineffective and a waste of time, energy and resources.

• You are very well-versed for a guy named 'boobman.' Jk, I agree with you man thanks

• Hahaha! Thanks! Glad to be of help.

What Girls Said 5

• So basically you want to try out some moves and lines on her to see if you still got game and then ditch her?
    Not a good idea. Just befriend her, stay friends, hang out and let her know that you're not into her. She's into you, if you pretend to be interested and flirt and make moves and what not, she'll think you feel the same way and if then you'll end things, she won't be happy about it. So if you want to play her just to see if you still got it, that's selfish and rude.

• I pretty much just stole what you said and im sorry. in my defense however nothing was posted here when i got on the page, so please dont sue me. ha

• Haha, no problem! It just shows that it's not the best idea to do what the QA is asking.

• Don't do it. It just hurts the other person. I had a chance to do this and thankfully didn't, it was hard enough telling him I didn't want to.

• It's the Law of attraction... So what goes around comes around !!
    Good luck with that one!!

• no good would come of that. please reconsider. she might get mad and bitter and ruin your life.

• Don't do that, date people you're truly attracted to, don't play games with this girl, that'd be cruel

What Guys Said 5

• Good lord no.
    Playing with someones emotions like that is just cruel.
    Stop being self-absorbed, and have some compassion for those around you

• I have a friend who somewhat did that and from what i heard you do not want to go through the motions and end it. It may not seem like a big deal to you, but if you start to do that with her she will get her hopes up and no matter how nicely you end it she will still be really hurt. What i suggest is just talk to her as friend, get to know her, hang out. <---stretch that all out over a few months, you might just end up liking her too.

• Get to know her better, because the more you know her the better you may end up actually liking her. Dont date her if you dont feel a good connection.

• You already know the answer, otherwise you wouldn't have called it an ethical question ;)

• And this is why I like this site. Always learning new things. To be honest my first reaction to this question was "yeah go for it." Always nice to know on what areas of your life need improving on.