Invited to his sister's wedding as his +1... should I go?

I've been dating this guy for about 3 weeks now. We have never met in person (I am away for a month) but we have been talking on the phone daily and skyping a few times a week. We plan to go on dates when I get back in a week. He asked if I would be his date for his sister's wedding, and I want to say yes but I am worried that I will be overwhelmed by meeting many of his friends (and his sister and his parents!) at once.

On the other hand, it would be pretty fun. Do you all think I will come off as someone who's not flexible if I don't go? Also, if I do go, should I bring a gift? And what kind of dress is okay to wear?

Thanks in advance!

I should clarify... it won't be my first time meeting him as we have a date planned a few days before the wedding.

Most Helpful Guy

• That day is about his sister. Not about you, don't worry. You want to go... then go. About the gift, ask him if you should bring one he will probably say no, but you will still sound sweet for caring.

• I also doubt many of his friends would be there, unless they were close to his sister too? But that is just speculation.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't attend because that is a bit much for me meeting him face to face for the first time. I would want to be more comfortable with someone before meeting their family, friends etc. But that's just me. Maybe you feel differently about it.