How important is a kiss on the first date? Do you do it or wait?

I've never been one to kiss on the first date. No matter how well it goes. Two main reasons
1. I am a little nervous to make the first move on date number one
2. Out of respect and to still keep the thrill of the chase there.

I always do it on the second date. I guess it helps me a little knowing that she is interested still after date one and it just feels more right to me.

What are girls and guys opinions on this issues?

I should also add I hear my friends tell me all the time how they were making out with a girl they just met and it ended up leading to nothing. This has been tested by me with multiple women. I should keep doing what I do and stop doubting myself

Most Helpful Girl

• Not very. I usually make the first move and kiss the guy when I feel like it

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not for kissing on the first date because I have to really know I like a guy before sharing something intimate like that. I've only kissed on person... my current BF & future husband... but we didn't kiss until about a month in a half after we started dating... that's kind of extreme I think... and I was wondering why he didn't kiss me yet... so the day we became official BF/GF I told him..."ok.. you can kiss me now"... and it was so awkward because I didn't know how to do it...

• I usually like a kiss on the first date. Not sure why, but if it was a good date I'd want a kiss or else I wouldn't think it was a great date.

• It depends on what the two of you are both comfortable with. Even if the date went well the girl could still be shy about that. You wouldn't want to scare her way by putting her out of her comfort zone.

• If the date went well with both people I don't see why either should wait. It leaves all of the second guessing and what not out of the picture. But if you are firm on waiting, at least make it clear you want to see her again and set up plans before parting ways.

• I think it depends. if it's a guy I just met then i might not do it for the reasons you said. but if it's a guy who I've been friends with or talking to for a while, and this is just our first actual date, then I would want a kiss. If there's enough leading up to it, then I don't see anything wrong with a kiss on the first date.

What Guys Said 2

• I think kissing seals the deal on whether or not you want to see each other again, and also improves your chances of approaching the ever dreaded "friend zone."

One time I kissed a girl at the beginning of our first date. We went to school together, she knew I liked her for a week or two and we had spent some time together at school before the date. She was waiting at the top of the stairs outside the movie theater (I wasn't late she was just there first), and she saw me walking up, she watched me getting closer, and when I was at the top I just couldn't resist, I kissed her right away. We dated 2 years, and she said she really liked that experience.

• I should have added: provided the date went well and you were receiving the right signals.

• Well i know times are different then when i last dated in 1988. To me if you go out on a full date which might be dinner and a movie, and you spend a few hours together, if things went well you should at least give him a kiss goodnight. If all you did was meet for something to drink just to meet each other then i dont think it is needed. If she doesn't give me a goodnight kiss i will assume she did not have a good time and i would move on to someone else. Even if she tells me she did her actions are not matching her words. I am not saying you need a makeout session. Just a nice kiss goodnight.
    Now that i am unfortunately single again after 25 years I will eventually start dating again. I dont know what to expect. I guess when I am ready I will be posting a lot of questions and probably look for other forum boards as well to try and get an idea of what to expect.