I don't know how I should respond to this text.

So I liked this guy, we hung out a couple of times, we talked every day for two months and suddenly he dropped off the face of the earth and stopped talking to me and would reject me when I would ask to hangout. So I basically got over him. Today he texted me and said " hey I'm sorry for how I treated you, I know you liked me, I was in a bad place at the time and I didn't want to get you involved." I don't know what to think about it. Why would he bother talking to me after so long? I don't know what to say.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that he feels bad and is tryj g to reconnect. Ask him what was going on and don't let him off the hook so easily. You need to show him that he needs to respect you. Make him work for your friendship and if evolves into anything else thaf is great. Keep and eye out for red flags and keep your guard up until you feel that you can trust him

What Guys Said 3

• i guess they are just dealing with their own guilt.

i got an 'im sorry for the way things went down' email from an ex 10 years after we broke up. i was like wtf? we have been apart for so long, she's had a kid, we haven't seen or spoken to each other...

i have noooo idea what prompted her to send that, but yeah, no need to respond if you dont want to.

• He could just be apologizing because he feels bad, or he could also be trying to reconnect because he was interested.

As for texting him back, what's you gut telling you? Do you wanna give him another shot?

• its up to you to give him another chance. I been told "Im sorry" a billion times by people who played me. do I give them a second chance, maybe. depends on how I feel.

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like he wants to start over. If someone sent me this, I'd take it as a message that they were interested in me. Maybe he had just broken up with someone before, maybe he had family matters. I think you should try and find out why exactly he cut you off. It's best to progress from there.