Guys, do you really get scared from intelligent girls?

I started chatting with this guy I knew from high school the last year, all was perfect, he seemed really interested in me so I told him we should see each other, and we saw each other and had a good time. After that he never talk to me again. I explained the situation to a friend and she told me, that he must got scared because I'm intelligent and mature. Guys that have happened to you? Do you chicken out when a girl is not superficial?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls who assume such things seriously need to get over themselves. It's such a baseless claim with no merit. Simply talking to a girl cannot dictate how intelligent she is. You can't find out if a girl is smart without spending an extremely great deal of time with her. Also, even if she has a master's, she can still be dumb as rocks. I know plenty of people with high end degrees who are completely "out there."

If anything, you being "smart" would most likely make a guy more attracted to you as most guys are fed up with really dumb girls they have had to deal with in the past. Dumb girls do stupid things like claim they like a guy and then go and screw someone else. So a guy even finding a girl who has a great deal of common sense, let alone a great deal of intelligence, would be something to make a guy rejoice since they found a girl who is actually smart.

What Guys Said 19

• No, that's a line of crap. It's basically the female equivalent of "girls don't like guys that treat them nice". Guy don't like girls who actually have a head on their shoulders? Bullshit. It's a diversion from another problem that turns your intended partner off.

• No. Have you noticed how it's always women who make this claim? I agree with the other guys, it's a myth. I'm not suggesting that you're like this because I have no clue, but most of the women I've seen who say this are usually lacking in some other area - most often they lack social skills. They often try too hard to come across as intelligent, sometimes even try to outsmart their date, never let him have the last word always having to be right, they're often combative and difficult for no reason - then they think it's their intelligence that scared the men away, rather than the fact that they just came across as weird/bitchy/overly demanding/just no fun to hang out with.

So it's nothing to do with your intelligence scaring them off. It could be one of the above reasons, or it could be something entirely different e. g. he might have just not fancied you as much as he thought he would, he might have met someone else etc.

• I agree completely. Some intelligent women are combative, arrogance, and lack social grace. Having a conversation with them can often feel like sharing a swimming pool with a shark. This kind of intelligent woman turns men away from her. She and others then claim that men are afraid of her intelligence when that is not even related to the issue.

• No. Intelligence is actually very sexy. That being said it's a giant pain in the ass if all the other person does is shove that crap right down your throat.

Unfortunately you don't know whether or not your intelligence has anything to do with it. Honestly just sounds like something your friend threw at you to make you feel better. Not saying you aren't intelligent, just that only he knows the real reason.

• depends what kind of guy it is. immature losers will always be scared of intelligent girls since not just girls but intelligent people in general are harder to manipulate and take advantage of.

so with that said you should always see fear of intelligence as a major red flag

• No not at all. Who would wanna chicken out from having great and stimulating conversations with a girl.

• Smart girls are awesome! They don't get boring!

• Being around intelligent girls is my biggest fear. No jkjkjkjk. I'm actually into intelligent girls because they won't piss me off as much as dumb girls.

• Hell no. I'm kind of a sapiophile so intelligence is attractive to me.

• Nope. Us STEMs need to stick together. I don't want stupid children. Do you?

• There was an article detailing that children of scientists have a higher risk of autism. Too much braininess if there were such a thing.

• I kinda with this one perrty chix. she's a smarteypants and scores A's and B's but only if im really confident in myself, there wouldn't be a reason why im so intimidated by it.

• Absolutely not. That is a huge turn on to me. Maybe he just wasn't attracted to you. You can never know these things unless the other person tells you. Ven then, you have to assume they're telling the truth.

• Intelligence seems attractive. As long as you can still behave feminine I don't think the intelligence should bother in any way.

• Intelligence is a good thing, I don't get where this stereotype comes from.

• intelligent girls I prefer, I can have an actual conversation with them.

• some guys don't want an intelligent girl because they want to take advantage of her...

• No, i don't get scared... I guess dumber guys would get scared, that makes sense

• Wtf? Why would be scared of nerds. Nerds belong in locker

• It's a myth that guys are scared or intimidated by intelligent girls. Guys find intelligence attractive and sexy in girls. Anyone who tells you otherwise is making excuses for something.

• Maybe he wasn't your type. I like smarty smart girls. But, that's probably because that's how I am. He might be a guy that isn't that smart and it hurts his ego.

Take my advice, WAIT for the right guy to ask you out. Some guy will see your intelligent side and totally love you for it. And, he himself will be intelligent and confident enough to not get his ego hurt. He will just be happy he's found someone he can easily relate and talk too.

What Girls Said 1

• NO. anyhow if they did what would you do pretend to be stupid?

Id rather keep my dignity and self respect and be single.