What do you think of a 15 year old dating a 17 year old?

OK so a friend of my mom has a daughter and she's just turned 15, she is pretty mature but personally I think she's to young. Anyways she dating a 17 year old and he not aabd guy he doesn't sole or do drugs, excessive drinking or parting, has a job. And he really nice I use to be friends with him but I changed schools recently, but I had know him all my life. Its just she's 15 and he's 17 I know its only a two year difference, but yeah it might just be me. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't freak out at a 2 year difference. That's a fairly common dating situation. If he treats her badly, that would be a matter of concern, but as long as they're both happy I don't see any problem with it.

Are your misgivings maybe a bit of jealousy? If you'd sort of wanted him yourself, seeing him with another girl might make you feel bad, even if you didn't have a crush or anything. That'd be pretty normal.

I assume the girl's parents know she's dating. If they don't having a hidden relationship (regardless of the ages involved) might expose her to additional risks. Anyway I wouldn't freak out about them dating as long as it's just two teenagers that like each other and go have fun with each other. That's all part of growing up, right?

• No they are happy, and no I wouldn't date him because he dated my sister when he was younger so I think of him like a brother and it would be awkward dinners. Yes her mom and dad know she is dating. So I guess its just 15 sounds to me like a young girl and 17 sounds like an adult.

• She's probably more emotionally mature than he is if that helps, lol! We guys take a while to grow up.

What Guys Said 5

• Half your age plus 7

Works every time

• That's an amazing rule. At 1, you have a girl 7 years old helping take care of you. At 14, you have a playmate your own age. At 18 she's 16, 22, she's 18, and when you're 30 she's 22.

Of course, if you're George Burns at 100, and you can still attract 57 year old tail, you're a GOD. :-)

• I think that age gap is still ok.

• I think it's fine, though it may be illegal, depending on which country/state

• My Dad was 31 when he started dating my Mom who was 18. 25 years later they are still married with an army of children.

• Good, the 17 years old guy is lucky got a very good gf. Nothing wrong about dating her.

What Girls Said 3