Is it reasonable for me to be pissed?

This guy I'm only dating here and there left me with a bunch of hickeys when we were making out on my neck after I told him not to and now I'm pretty rattled.
Considering we aren't in a relationship, I'm pretty pissed that he just disregarded what I said. I'm not anyones property to be marked, I'm in the dating scene and am looking for jobs and these marks could seriously fuck up opportunities for me - Is this reasonable for me to be pissed or am I over reacting?

Most Helpful Guy

• You said "Do not" and he did so. Good reason to be miffed.

What Guys Said 1

• I think that's extremely reasonable to be pissed. I'd not go out with him again.

• LOL we are no longer talking

What Girls Said 2

• very reasonable to be pissed, you told him not to before hand and he did it anyway so he doesn't really care about your feelings or wishes. luckily you'll be able to cover them up with foundation but thats not the point here, those will take a while to heal up and can be embarrassing and unprofessional looking if the makeup comes off

• Maybe I'm the only one here, but I think you're overreacting a bit. Sure he shouldn't have done that after you asked him not to, but if you're serious about keeping your options open, don't put yourself in a situation where you'd be getting hickeys. That's just me, though.

• shouldn't anyone be allowed to put themselves in a "situation" and have their consent be acknowledged though? I feel like you're basically saying that even though i said no, my neck was out there and I should have expected it. It'd like to think that guys aren't animals and know that no means no.

• well, sure, anyone is "allowed," but you're taking the risk of not knowing the person that well if they're going to blatantly disrespect what you ask of them.