I'm 25, single, I would like to get a girlfriend as soon as possible because I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to be stuck in cougar town?

Is it wrong to be in panic mode over this? Because I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to be stuck with dating women in their 30's and older, is there an age in which a guy is too old to attract or date, be unable to get a girlfriend who is in her early 20's? Or just a 20-something woman?

okay, i'm more relaxed now, so is over 35 is when i'm too old?
Getting older for women is them getting the karma treatment

Most Helpful Girl

• Men reach their peak desirability later than women, so I think you're fine. Plenty of women prefer older men and most of my female friends started dating older men after high school. Cougars typically like younger men so I don't think you've got a problem there. I think its a little harsh to assume no good women exist beyond a certain age, but regardless, its not worth panicking. Its unattractive. A confident, calm, collected mature man is probably the most attractive thing a guy can be and this is coming from a 22 year-old female who is dating a 30 year-old.

• when do men specifically reach their peak desirability?

• between 22 and 30, but many people don't even believe in a peak. I personally find younger men less attractive and a lot of my friends agree. 25-35 is perfect in my mind.

• You are lucky. Iam 28 chasing a 30yr old. How u made her accept?

What Girls Said 3

• Hey, don't worry, I like guys a little bit mature than me, older than me under 6 years is fine, but I would never date guys younger than me.

• Men in their 50s can get 20-something women. You're fine.

• you sure about that? any proof?

• Proof? Seriously? It happens all the time. Check out the marriage licenses granted in your local newspaper over the next week. (Assuming they list ages - I don't know if that's just a local thing here or if that's a norm.)

• shoot i would rather date a guy in their mid to late twenties than early.. don't worry about it.

What Guys Said 5

• nope. im 33 and I've pulled a few 18 and 19 yo's over the past couple of years. i guess its all about your ability to relate, and if you have have anything on offer they are interested in (im not talking cash, but someone they can hang with, talk to, take them out, or in my case, restrain them and spank them with a riding crop lol)

you are in your 20's, this really shouldn't be an issue?

• Don't worry about it. I'm 31 and I've dated women as young as 24 (in rare cases, albeit). Women generally like men that are older.

• I've seen more than a few cases of 26-27 year old men going out with 18-21 year old women.

And don't be in panic mode.

And if you must panic, do not show it. That will really hurt you. No one wants to be with a person who's desperate for a lover. Especially women around 18-21, they're not usually up for serious stuff.

• Why don't you want a woman thats around your age? It sounds like you're living in the past. Younger women are more physically attractive but other than that what do they really have to offer?

• I don't think you have to worry until your mid 30's