Do you feel miffed at being rejected?

I met this guy and I liked him. It was at a social thing. He ended up ignoring me after one date. My friend found him on a dating profile and his profile is absolutely desperate and weird slash pathetic.

She says I dodged a bullet because he's a weirdo. I feel rejected like there must be something wrong with me if such a weirdo rejected me. Who is right? Am i too sensitive?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a guy rejection only bothers me if it's from someone who I know well. Otherwise I kind of brush it off pretty easily. I think it's because as us guys approach more and more women and we get rejected more and more we learn to get over it. Win some lose some. I can see how for some women and men this might be difficult since they're not used to it.

You guys went on one date. Granted, you guys couldn't have gotten to know each other very well but if he saw enough of you to think that you two wouldn't work out well then you can't really do much about that regardless of how much you liked him. As for who is right and wrong it doesn't really matter because that doesn't change what is.

What Guys Said 2

• You didn't seem to know each other well, so it shouldn't bothed you too much. It's hard not to take it personally, but you've got to find a way to brush it off. Only one rejection hurt me and that was from a girl who I'd known for 6 months and had grown to love. It crushed me and I still haven't gotten over it, but I'm trying each day.

• I don't get bothered by rejection. Yes you are too sensitive.

That guy may be weird, but if he can just ignore you like that, he's clearly not desperate. Just move on. The problem with girls is that they have little to no experience of being rejected. It makes them deluded. I'm not saying you're deluded. But many girls are.

What Girls Said 3

• When most people are rejected, they feel like its THEIR fault. If he is desperate and a weirdo already, it is quite possible that he lacks interest in you because you're out of his league. Meaning, maybe he realizes you're way too smart to deal with him and his desperate ways. So he might have to search for a girl that won't notice or is oblivious to how desperate he is. Either way, dont look at it as though something is wrong with you. You should listen to your friend. Good luck.

• Your friend is correct. He have done something strange to you if he had his way.

• If he did this after just one date and didn't even bothered to get to know you better, then he's not worth it. No matter how cute you think he is. And I know this is hard. I recently was on a similar situation myself, after two dates with a guy I considered my crush, he decided to ignore me for no reason. I was, still, so confused but once you think about it, why would you want someone in your life who don't want to invest time in getting to know you? If he did this then you are right he's wrong. I know it will be difficult to move on, especially if he made you thought he was nice and sweet. Just give it time and you should be fine, go out with your friends, have fun.

There's NOTHING wrong with you, you were being honest about your feelings, he's the phony one. And be thankful you didn't get too attached to him.