When a man hugs you good bye what does it mean?

When my boss was being transferred to another store I waved goodbye to him and he waved goodbye and then he was like "Is that all I get after being so nice to you." I told him "I did not want to bother you because you were busy". He motioned for a hug good bye. He said gently "come here" and he hand his arms bent at his sides low. I went to hug him and because he is taller than me I had to hug him around his neck. He had his hands around my waist. The hug lasted for at least 3 seconds if not longer. He said after the hug that he is going to keep tabs on me and that I better have a museum job in 6 months. I am trying to figure out does he like me as a friend or more than that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Leaving a job after you worked there for awhile and you got along with people, can be an emotional experience. He probably got attached to you as a co-worker and he is going to miss your company.

What Guys Said 1

• That sounds pretty innocent to me. I wouldn't think that it was anything more than friendship.

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like he was being friendly since he was leaving and encouraging.

• I agree with Arwens-Fire, you are definitely over-thinking it, been noticing a lot of over thinking here on GAG, but I guess that is kind of what this site is for.