My guy is turning 23... what to get him?

My boyfriend is turning 23 tomorrow and we have only been dating for 3 months, so I want to get him something that he will like but also not something that is too much for right now. He told me anything I get him or do for him is fine (typical thing anyone says lol), but I really want it to be special. He likes music a lot and movies, but I think he owns all of both that he actually likes. He plays video games but I don't know to what extent or which once specifically... He plays some sports and I thought about getting him maybe some stuff for that but then I thought that's not really "special" so I am just lost lol.
ALSO!! On a guy's birthday... does the girl drive and pay? Or does he still drive and pay? I don't really know what we are going to do but I wanna be prepared for anything... oh and please leave sexual stuff out of this. I'm talking tangible or memorable ideas for a nice gift or date... please comment!

Most Helpful Guy

• You kinda waited 'til the last second. LOL. I was going to say to get him something related to his favorite band or maybe his favorite movie. Those are always cool ideas.

Examples would be like a band tee-shirt, or an autographed album or any kind of memoribilia from his favorite band, or maybe like a special edition blu-ray of his favorite movie (if he's like obsessed with a certain movie and doesn't already have it), concert tickets. Stuff like that.
    Picking him up isn't a big deal. But you should treat him for his birthday... that's like a given.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't like the gender roles you've thrown out there, but putting that aside, get him something related to his passion. Certainly doesn't need to be expensive or anything, as long as it's thoughtful. If he likes sports, maybe tickets to his favorite team? That way you could experience it together, bond, and it's thoughtful and meaningful/memorable.

• My boyfriend (specifically) just pays for me all the time. I would have no problem paying for him at all... but that's not the case usually and I know that there are some people that are in similar relationships (their bf drives or pays most of the time) so I just generalized! Sorry if I offended you, I am not trying to say what's right or wrong I am just asking questions to see if there is someone who can relate:) If you are in a relationship where y'all split it or one of you always pays (male or female), then that's awesome for you lol:D

• And that's a good idea for a gift :) Thank you!!!

• Um the things I have received that always meant the most were things that were made. My ex made a belt out of paracord, and a crazy tooth pick model of a swing we used to sit in.

• Dinner and sexy times is a great bday gift

It's not been 3 months, you don't need to do something super elaborate and I doubt he expects you to.

• A card that says Happy 23rd Birthday...

What Girls Said 1

• It's his birthday! YOU pay! driving usually doesn't matter - whoevers car it is should probably drive, he most likely won't care if he drives.

• from my experience it's best to get him a few things that way he's bound to like something: my go to rule is something he needs (my ex was all about necessary things), something you want him to have, and something you've laughed about. So one year I got him a belt (that he needed), a cool t-shirt that i liked for him, and a jokes whale pillow because we always talked about his love for whales as a kid (sentimental and kinda funny). And if you're too broke, I've also had good experiences with homemade gifts and cards, if you've got a sentimental and detail oriented guy like I had, he'll normally like that kind of thing! :)