Dating someone with the same name as an ex. Weird? Not weird?

I was just thinking about this earlier and figured I'd ask.

Let's pretend you were in a very serious, long term relationship with someone and that relationship failed.

Fast forward into the future, and you meet a new person that you're totally interested in, and it just so happens that they have the exact same name as your ex.

Would that bother you or weird you out?

Most Helpful Girl

• That would definitely freak me out for sure.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm late to the party, but I dated two guys named Rob when I was in igh school. First one was for 7 months and after we broke up, the other one was for 8 months. It wasn't weird at all. No chance of mixing up names. Bahahah.

• No, my brother dated 3 women in a row with the same name. I dont think its weird at all.

• Three in a row? Wow. Guessing it was a common name!

• It was Amanda. So Im guessing its pretty common. Either that or he just like girls whose name was Amanda. I don't know

What Guys Said 1

• Naw it's not weird just coincidence. At least to me it makes things easier lol. But all seriousness I don't think it's weird, it's just a name.