I'm a nervous wreck and far too scared to call her- how to get over this feeling?

I need to call this girl and ask her on a date. I've been sitting in front of my phone for an hour trying I do it, but I'm getting so nervous.
I can't bring myself to do it. I'm so scared she'll reject me, and things will be permanently awkward between us and that out friendship will be ruined- help?

Update- well I did it. I was already. Then it rang. And rang. Then rang some more.
Then went to voicemail. Shall I try texting her instead, or phone again tomorrow?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's another human. Stop acting like you're deciding whether to push the button that will nuke the world and just remember you'll live, no one will die, and your anticipation for failure is all that is holding you back from being an amazing person and being a total dipshit shaking with a piece of plastic in your hands.

What Girls Said 5

• Come on, man! She is just a girl. If you build her up as something intimidating and scary in your head you will never be comfortable around her or talking to her. The best thing to do is just do it and be yourself. Don't act like someone you're not and don't build her up as something perfect and scary. Just do it. You aren't going to die, she isn't going to die, the world will turn no matter what happens. So, please, dial her number and talk to the girl. If you don't, nothing will ever happen. You got this. Now call!!

• The best thing to do is just do it.

• You got to laugh sometimes. I did it 10mins ago. It rung for ages, then went to voice mail.

Report

• don't know . Might mot have been at her phone at the time. She's not someone who's glued to it.
      Might have to text her now.

• I think texting her might be better anyways so if she says no you can say that it was meant for someone else.

• the more you sit there and psyche yourself out the harder it'll be. Just call her and do it.

• I did and it rang for ages then went to voicemail.
      Might have to text her now.

• did you leave a voicemail?

• No. I'm worse at voicemails then calls. I think because I'm preparing to speak to a physical person, not a voicemail.
      I thought I might try calling again (might look needy), or send a text saying I tried to call.

• text her and relax, it isn't the worst thing in the world ! Breathe text wait and either way you can cover it up as a mistake or get the results you want!

• So text her. Get it out the way. You'll feel better either way!.

What Guys Said 1

• just ask her. if she says no, next time you see her make a joke of it..."hey remember that time that guy called and asked you out? wow that was awkard?" and laugh it off

the worst she can do is say no, but she could say yes and make your day

• You got to laugh sometimes. I did it 10mins ago. It rung for ages, then went to voice mail!