Guys, how do you approach women?

guys I was wondering how do you overcome your fear of approaching women? How are you able to do it without fear of rejection?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am shy, so approaching women I don't know is really hard for me. I usually just smile and if they smile back, I will go talk to them and ask them something really casual, or just say hi. I don't try any lines on them. The best experience I have with approaching a woman lately was when I thought that I had met her before, so I tapped her on the shoulder and asked how she was doing... by some miracle it worked out and I got her number

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 6

• You overcome your fear by 1) Eliminating the fear or by 2) Ignoring it. I use eye contact to tell if it's okay to approach a girl.

Prime example, I was at work the other night just standing there minding my own business when an attractive new girl walked in. I saw her looking at me from the corner of my eye and glanced over to meet her gaze, she looked away instantly then looked back and smiled when she realized I had not looked away. I took the smile as an invitation to talk to her and voila! This is an example of #1 - Eliminating the fear by reducing the chance of rejection.

As for #2, you're not going to be compatible with everyone. Many people that you approach will say "No" just like you would if a girl you were not interested in approached you. Don't take it so personally and move on.

• Rejection means not good enough for them cuz how can they judge you if they never even spoken to you?

• So she can tell me im no good

• Thanks distant.. I'll try your advice

• You don't do it without fear of rejection. It's like of like how in old time Muay Thai fighters would train by kicking banana trees to toughen their shins. At first it hurts like all hell but the more you do it the pain subsides until it's no big deal.

The only real trick involved is the ability to grow a pair and actually approach more women and by more I mean a lot more.

You say women think your ugly but let's think of this mathematically for a second. Compared to all the women you see and pass by on a daily basis how many do you actually talk to?

• I don't talk too many

• Wow that's scary.. Don't know if I could endure that abuse

• Well to be fair it's all been over a fairly long period of time. 99% of the time the interaction is civil. Plus admittedly I'm a bit of an A-hole.

• You never really get 100% rid of the fear of rejection, you kinda just learn to ignore it.
    And if you do get rejected, you basically just get over it quicker once it happens a few times.

I honestly don't know how I do it. Sometimes I just, do it.
    The less you think about it, the better.

• it depends upon the IOI we receive from the girl. if they look at you once evry 20 secs for a minute... we can show waves/approach... but never think about straight rejection like pissoff,,, then move to next girl

• You don't understand no woman ever looks at me and second don't you realize when they reject me it'd their way of saying I'm not good enough?

• i ain't asking u to fake.. faking means u are good guy and if i ask u to change as player then its faking... i am just asking u to get over the fear of rejection.. if u are fear of writing exams in young age. we overcame the fear and passed out the exams. does it mean we faked out? We still we are who we are. all i am asking u is to get over the thinking that u r a loser and fear of rejection... thts all

• All I know is that they don't want a guy that looks like me to approach

• Hmm... it depends on how i feel when i see her. If I get a strong attraction to her, i would just pull up a chair and say hi

• I see people. Pretty people, but just people.

• I do not understand your answer

• I deal with myself

• Apparently not.