Why does my boyfriend hide our relationship?

We've been dating for 1 month and we've been officially going out for 1 week. Last week-end he sent me a relationship request on Facebook and I accepted but then I saw he hid it from his profile. Also he never wants me to come over to his house, he always makes up a reason everytime I say I would like to come. I've never met his family but he met mine... Also I met him on a dating site and he didn't delete his account yet, he just changed a few infos he wrote he's looking for friends instead of dating, but he still wrote that he's "single". Why is my boyfriend hiding our relationship and why does he keep his profile on the dating site? He told me he'd delete it.. and I said I'd delete mine after that.. but he didn't do it. I feel like I can't trust him, but I can't dump him because I really like him and I can't be all alone again, I have no friends and no one else in my life.. I really don't know what to do? Please help..

Most Helpful Girl

• I sympathise with you. Like you said you joined the dating site because you clearly looking for a relationship, and now that you have finally found someone you like he is hiding your relationship. Not a good sign. The meeting of families I think you can ignore because to be honest it's only been a month and for some people that's just a bit too quick to introduce you to the parents.
    However the rest is unacceptable. From personal experience, I have had someone try and hide our relationship. At first I just thought I was overreacting, only to find he was sleeping with another girl and was right all along.
    Now I know that you really want a loving relationship with someone, but is it worth it if you feel like you are never receiving love. Trust me I know, I felt more alone and sad when I was in a bad relationship than when I was single and you deserve the best.
    He is not treating you with respect. I know you're scared to ask him, in case you lose him, but I must emphasize that you confront him about this. If you don't I can guarantee that this bad treatment will only get worse and you will end up broken hearted.
    Now these are you two options.
    1) Don't confront him, go on forever feeling more and more insecure, worried and suspicious of what he is doing. Watch how he knows he can get away with it, and begin to treat you even worse because you let it happen. The more he hides it, the more suspicious you will be and the more you will start to present him. Trust the relationship will end eventually because you just won't be able to handle the secrecy.
    2) Confront him. Ask him outright why haven't you deleted your profile. Why have you hidden our relationship on Facebook . Demand respect and you will get it. If he says sorry and deletes his profile instantly you know he really likes you. If he makes an excuse and ignores your feelings on the matter, you know that he is playing games.
    Then you can say this treatment is not acceptable and move onto someone worthy.

What Guys Said 4

• You sound very clingy to me with that "no friends and no one else in my life" line. Quite frankly, I think he's embarrassed about you. You should be more open, go meet some random people, risk getting embarrassed, and have a good laugh in the end alright?

• Part 1.. I would like to answer this in the most helpful way possible but depending on what the excuses he gave you every time you asked to come over, it could just mean that he's telling the truth or that he has a good reason not to tell you. And I can't say for sure because I've never seen you and your boyfriend together so I don't know how he acts around you to be able to say whether or not he loves you.

• I'm sorry but I agree with you I would dumb him for the simply fact why do you have to hide something from me just be open and tell me.

• okay just Layin out some things that it possibly could be: 1) he has another gf
    2) he's afraid of what his parents/peers might think of you

What Girls Said 2

• Without actually knowing him nor knowing anything about his life, I can't say for sure. You should really just boldly ask him. Just say "Why does it seem like you're hiding our relationship?" Talk this out openly because if he is hiding you, which it kinda seems like he is, then that's not cool.

• Wow you sound clingy. Give him some room maybe he just hasn't deleted it but don't jump to conclusions and guys can't stand when girls nit pick at every Lille thing. This "dating site" and " Facebook " isn't the end of the world. I lost friendships because I decided to get rid of my Facebook , stupid right? Just let it go. You can trust him unless he gives you a reason not to like you actually find him cheating. Also, go out to a bar or something and make friends. I've made some of my best friends through jobs