How to start a convo with a girl you're attracted to?

I was wondering how do you start a conversation with a woman you like especially if you have nothing to talk about? I'm guessing that's when I employ small talk? Any pointers please?

Most Helpful Girl

• well... the way to do it... is actually "Avoid small talk!" girls hate that!, and ask and ask... get to know her, and don't "put her on the spot" either... just being funny is the main thing, tell her a funny story or something, you know.. just like what you'd do to your guy-mates... and then just let it all flow naturally... girls don't actually like being treated so differently in conversation just because they are female... they wanna hear you talk to them, like you would to your best friend... believe it or not

• but remember to be humble and don't try to impress too obviously either... you want it to be the other way around, lol

• @vickonator thanks for thinking I'm ugly

• oops i didn't mean ugly at al, i meant how you look at them , okay ;-)

What Girls Said 2

• Ask her her name, say that's a pretty name what does it mean, etc. Ask her how her day is going. What does she do for a living. It's easy!

• Well I'm ugly so it's not easy

• Confidence is attractive. Doesn't matter what you look like. Not arrogance though, there is a thin line sometimes. If you see yourself as someone worth loving other people will see that. It seems like you need to work on yourself too - and that doesn't necessarily mean going to the gym or anything (unless it makes you feel better about yourself). As for your question: your over thinking it. Ask her what she does, what she's into on terms of hobbies... etc. Be casual and friendly and YOURSELF. What would you want her to ask you about? That might help you. And lighten up :) have faith in yourself

• I am worth loving but how do I show that?

• Just be yourself and if she is into you she will see it. Be interested in her - ask her questions. Be confident but casual. If you are both into each other it should evolve. Is this one woman you are attracted to or do you mean women you are attracted to in general? It hard to give you anymore advice if it's a specific person as I don't know the situation or your relationship with her etc. But if it's women in general I think practice will give you more confidence. They don't even need to be women you're attracted to - you could make some girl friends? Or just make conversation with women you meet. But if your not into them be sure the conversations are casual and you don't lead them on!

• Just women in general. . But I'm self conscious cuz I'm not good looking

What Guys Said 5

• Treat her like a guy. I know that sounds weird but you're having trouble talking to her because you're intimidated by women. So... treat her like a guy. Just bullshit it dude. Talk about weather, restaurants that she likes, maybe she can introduce you to one... lol

• Thanks man.. This is actually practical advice. . How can I flirt with her while talking to her?

• First off I don't play video games and second I work 60 hr weeks

• Here you go questioning things again you dumbass. What did I saw about UNDERSTANDING? You're focusing on the cents instead of the dollars.

The POINT was to stay active. A lot of people work 60 hours a week Mac, that's no excuse for being a fatass.

• My lord man. Stop this. This is the 4th time (that I know of) in the last week that you have started a thread like this. 2 were under your nick name here and 2 were anonymous. It's not difficult to figure out if you've read the threads. The things you're saying but more importantly HOW you say it.

If you are really upset by what you don't have, then start paying attention to what people are telling you. And start acting on the advice. You're basically getting the same answers each time.

Coming on here and making self deprecating comments day after day after day is not helping you get anywhere. Except deeper into your pit of despair.

• I'm not trying to bother people or cause trouble. . I ask the same question different times so I can hear from others. I'm hurting a lot from my ex cheating on me so I'm just looking for help. . I'm sorry

• Pull stuff out of the blue.

If haven't met her, strike up conversation with a joke. It's fun. Look around, and find some material.

If you're trying to make conversation with a girl you know, asking her about herself is always great. Also, asking her things that will bring up good feelings are also great. Such as, asking her about things like favorite book series, or great past vacations, etc. It brings good feelings, then leaves her feeling good spending time with you.

• I'm not good at jokes and conversation. I think it's something you're born with

• practice it and you'll get good.

• People love talking about themselves. Ask questions that allow her to do this. She'll leave the interaction thinking you were a great guy... but dont' make it sound like an interview.

• How do I make it sound natural and not like an interview?

• Well don't rapid-fire questions at her. You say "where did you go to school?" She says "I went to State University", you can then either mention something you knwo about the school (sports teams or whatever) or people you may have known there, or whether you thought about going there, etc. As opposed to "where did you go to school?", "what was your major", "what did you like about it", in succession

• Thanks. . I see what you mean

• Soo what you doing tonight besides giving me a boner?