When it comes to reading a girl, what is more accurate: your intuitive GUT INSTINCT in the moment, or your mental ANALYSIS after the situation?

There's a girl I am interested in, she might be too... recently I've been randomly bumping into her, so we've been getting a lot more time to really explore our connection together. It turns out that it is AMAZING - I can't describe it but we connect so well, there's an energy of like "falling into each other", we're laughing tons, we don't run out of things to say to the point where neither of us want the other to leave. The most recent time I ran into her, she said "woah... what's going on with this" in relation to how weird it is that I've been running into her so often (we both believe in "fate"). Anyways, we turned out again to have a blast again... at one point I was giving her back her headphone and as I did, I kind of touched her hand in a "romantic way" and we looked at each other... later during the conversation, her friend read out an astrology reading for me for fun. The last part of it said that I'll have to "make a serious decision soon". At that point, the energy changed and she turned to me and said "wise words, wise words" with a certain thing in her eye, and in that moment I KNEW what she meant just from the way she said it/the overall energy. (Also, she told me she has told her mother about me).

However, when I went home later I started over-analyzing it and playing it again in my head and confused myself. Should I just trust me initial gut reaction?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a big believer in gut instincts. With all the communication methods today, it's so much easier to overanalyze words and forget how important in-person conversation/chemistry is. It sounds like she really likes you!
    And if she's told her mother about you--she likes you. I wouldn't talk about a guy to my mom if I didn't like him (unless he was being a jerk, but that's clearly not the case here). Hope this helps!

What Girls Said 4

• I think gut instinct is more accurate if you are a simple person and intellectual instinct is more accurate if you are a complex person who is concerned with your reputation. This is because self critical talk and pretentious concealment of one's personality can destroy your natural intuition and gut instinct.

• Stop randomly bumping in to each other. Ask her out. If she says yes then she likes you. If she says no then you can continue randomly bumping.

But if you're not hyper-creating your story... she likes you. Are you blind?

• I prefer to pay attention to my intuition then reason my way through it see how things add up and decide on an appropriate course of action. i rarely if ever simply rely on a 'feelin'.

HOWEVER. gut vs analysis aside. As an outside observer, analyzing your story without any guts involved its quite clear she likes you. DUH.

Ask her out you dope. ;-)

• or if you think she's the type to ask you out you can wait, but i think it'd be better to get things rolling. if you run into someone too much by accident, tis will start to become a 'reason' that neither of u thinks the other likes you.

oh well we se each other all the time but its never on purpose so u know were just 'friends'.

• Trust your gut reaction!!! When you start over analyzing you tend to over exaggerate things and blow things our of proportion. Over analyzing causes a lot of confusion. Go with you initial gut instinct.

What Guys Said 2

• Its a bit of A and a bit of B. If you read her body language and she is all into you then you can get a good idea, but intuition will let you know if something is amiss. Generally you can tell when someone is not into you, or someone is planning on killing you with an axe.

Though you have to take into account things after the fact, and sometimes you miss things right away, like the chick that says yes we can go out again, but never calls you back. Or if the person was lying to you, or whatever else you figure out. Its saved me from some serious crazy

• I tend to reply more on my mental analysis of everything... gut instinct can point you in the right direction, but it can also lead you down the wrong path. Same goes for over analysing really but i'd rather wait until i'm sure instead of going straight into things based on my gut. I feel it's the safer option.