How long before asking a girl to be my girlfriend?

Girls, how many dates would you have to go on with a guy before you'd be comfortable with him asking you to be his girlfriend? Does it make a difference if you had sex within the first three dates with him? Does your answer change if you text each other almost every day? Please assume that this is not a person that you've been friends with before dating, but rather someone that randomly got your number at a coffee shop and asked you out.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how you get along and your chemistry. If it feels right, then just ask her understanding she might say yes or she might say no. I think its only too soon if you feel uncomfortable together still, you don't know pertinent details about each others lives and previous relationships, or you never discussed what kind of relationship you want. I would probably want to know the person and communicate regularly for at least a month or two, but sometimes people really click. Just make sure the "honeymoon phase" of the crush has worn off and you still like them without rose colored glasses on.

What Girls Said 1

• For me, that would be too soon if I didn't know the guy before dating him. I would mention being exclusive first, then get to know each other.

What Guys Said 1

• just ask her out when you feel like it... ur the guy here, man up and show your woman ur boss