Ladies. do you find a funny guy attractive?

So the question is simple, aimed at the gals. Suppose a guy has above-average looks (certainly lower than yours), a decent job, respects women and has a great sense of humor (he has the ability to make you laugh often, and can cheer you up in a jiffy when you're feeling low), would you consider dating him even though he's not as good as you in the looks department?

In short, does a good sense of humor in a guy and an ability to make women laugh, increase the guy's dating chances, even if he has some other minor shortcomings? Guys are most welcome to throw in their opinions too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell fucken ya. I mean what girl would want a serious guy who never jokes around. I think funny guys are the cutest and any girl would loveeee a guy with a sense of humor and to make her laugh on her dark days

• Wow, then marry me please! Lolzzz! :P

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• Ladies. do you find a funny guy attractive?
    No attractiveness to me is based on physical looks.

Suppose a guy has above-average looks (certainly lower than yours), a decent job, respects women and has a great sense of humor (he has the ability to make you laugh often, and can cheer you up in a jiffy when you're feeling low), would you consider dating him even though he's not as good as you in the looks department?
    No as I tend to desire those that are equally attractive to me. As well as I would see dating him as shortchanging myself as likely he wouldn't consider me if I was not as good as him in the looks departments since he is pursuing a gal more attractive than himself and seemingly hoping to get gals who are more attractive than himself by having her overlook his looks in exchange for other another trait.

In short, does a good sense of humor in a guy and an ability to make women laugh, increase the guy's dating chances, even if he has some other minor shortcomings?
    It increases his chances with some gals whether they are the gals he wants is a toss up.

• I read this answer and was about to respond, but then I realized that the person was udolipixie. Enough said, no point in saying anything because no one on this planet can win a discussion or argument with udolipixie even if the other person's views are valid, because he/she would end up in a mental asylum.

• Uh I don't know how you communication but to me discussions aren't about winning or losing. That's arguments and a person can 'win' an argument if it's based on facts.

A bunch of butthurt guys stating their opinions thinking them to be valid isn't winning.

• Nice implied slight and you seem to have a lot to say for someone who claims there is no point in saying anything. LMFAO

Laters.

• I feel like a good sense of humor is always a plus when it comes to guys. I personally love it when a guy makes me laugh or smile without even trying. Honestly, personality is more important than how someone looks. Their personality is what makes their physical appearance more attractive.

• Wow, nice to know that there are still some people in the world who actually consider things beyond looks or money while dating!

• Unfortunately, we must be attracted to the person physically too. But this happens to both sexes. I'm sure your not going to fall in love with an ugly, funny girl either. I'm not saying he has to be like a model good looking but he has to have something that attracts me physically. And then, of course, good humor is a definitely a BIG plus!

• Well...as for me, there's nothing called 'ugly'. No person is universally considered ugly or good looking. Its just that some people are considered attractive by major part of the human population than others. Like there are people who even consider Megan Fox unattractive, and at the same time there are people who feel Queen Latifah is attractive. Also, 'attraction' need not always be physical, right? People can also get attracted to someone based on kindness, intelligence, sense of humor, voice or something else, isn't it? Personally, looks are among the last things I consider while dating. It doesn't matter much to me at all.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But everyone like their own concept of beauty to surround them. So if I think if Brad Pitt is unattractive, I don't want to have sex with him. If I think he's physically unattractive, I probably won't even strike up a conversation to know whether he's funny or not. Now, if I know him as a co-worker or neighbor first, and I think he's funny... then maybe I can find him physically attractive at some point. But not if I originally found him really unattractive.

• My answer is not a 'universal' answer either. It's how perceive it. Isn't that what you asked? How each of us perceives it? Because universally... well we could philosophize about beauty and non-beauty for centuries. So in conclusion, I'm not having sex with Shrek.

• Absolutely. Humor is so important to me, if we can't make each other laugh...than what the hell is the point? lol

• Yeah right! But I haven't often come across women who can joke much. I mean...they do enjoy jokes and are also bubbly and jovial, but its more of a passive role because they don't often crack jokes by themselves (unless it is some sms joke someone forwarded to them)!

• oooh yeah! if he can get me laughing, its all smooth sailing from there:)

• I definitely find them more attractive when they have a good sense of humor. It's not everything, but if it's tasteful and not too over the top I think it could make a girl overlook your appearance.

• Valid point. Crude or profane jokes are usually turn offs for women, from what i have observed.

• Looks aren't everything.Personality really can get you places! Haven't you ever heard the saying about it bumping you up points in the attractive scale? It does.

• Hehehe yeah, I have heard it, but I haven't often come across women dating a man for his sense of humor alone, unless he also happens to have drop dead looks or deep pockets!

• Money can't buy everything.And I've met plenty of fantastic looking douchebags.(Ex:Once I was talking to this very good looking half Italian.Biggest mamas boy on the planet.But we hit it off in the first place because he wanted to be in cardiology, too.And I knew he was serious about that because both of his parents were cardiologist.I ended up not standing his existence)

• Funny guys make me fall in love my crush is funny and he still has me at hello after 3 years.

• YES! I love to laugh and there is nothing sexier than an intelligent, handsome guy with a great sense of humor.

• Intelligent, handsome guy with a good sense of humor? That would be awesome, but don't you think it would be slightly rare for a male to possess all three characteristics you mentioned? :P

• Yeah, but I still hope your dream comes true at some point! Good luck! :)

• Aww thanks! :)

• Yeah, most definitely. Seth Macfarlane is x10 hotter to me because he's a funny man. If he was just an average celebrity, meh.

• Yes. Guys who make people laugh and forget about bad tthings can be really attractive.

• *Nods* He can be funny and passionate about life too.

• Very much,

• Of course any guy who makes me laugh has my full attention.

• Ofcourse :)

• I found them symphatic not attractive. Both are totally different things.

• Hmmmm.why so? I mean...what's there to sympathize about a guy who makes people laugh and himself enjoys that, unless of course that is part of his job (such as a circus clown)?

• Personality is really important, and a sense of humor is amazing. A funny guy is super attractive to me. I'd say it absolutely increases dating chances. Don't focus on what you see as your shortcomings, focus on the fact that you have some awesome gifts. Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 0