A 27 y.o. guy and a 17 y.o. girl?

Is this immoral? A guy that's 27 dating a girl that's 17. He knew her his whole life and her parents are ok with it. They never had sex.

Well sex really isn't in the question. They both are waiting until marriage.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care all that much. If the parents know and he has known her her wholenatural life and they are putting sex off for later then good for them I dont see why I should have to make a decision on whether its immoral when that parents are good with it. The 10yr gap yeah I do think that part is a huge role to play in the relationship they are just going to have to deal with it. Would it be considered immoral if itwas a 27yr old lady and a 17yr old boy?

What Girls Said 6

• I think it's fundamentally wrong not because it's illegal, but because from a biological standpoint a 17-year-old is not a fully developed human. What business does a 27-year-old have to be going after a child?

If you say he knew her her whole life, he perved after her at 22 when she was 12. There is so much wrong with this, I don't even...

For the girl, she probably DOES honestly love him, because she's young and naive.

But for him, he's just another one of those disgusting men, who chase after young girls because they're bordering on pedophile.

I can't tell you how many +25-year-olds have confessed their undying love for me, when I was 16-18.

Thing is, by the time she turns 20-22, she'll be a COMPLETELY different person and there will be problems with this relationship.
    A 10 year gap is a large one that only very mature people can handle, because both are from entirely different types of upbringings and it takes a strong character to maintain such a relationship. No matter how mature a 17-year-old thinks s/he is, their understanding of how the world works is minimal as they are still biologically not an adult.

• I agree there will be many changes in the way she thinks but as far as biologically, you could say the same for an 18 year old. I don't know

• Oh sorry, that was meant to be @rotinaj10. :)

Here's a link for further reading, bruh: www.edinformatics.com/news/teenage_brains.htm

• What is the reason for being interested in her then? Wouldn't going for someone that much younger feel a little sick and perverted?
    17 and 27 is a HUGE difference. Even if the girl is bright, mature etc, she is still a decade behind in brain, personality and mental development.
    Plus if you've known her for so long, wouldn't you be in the mind frame of her being much younger than you? e.g. when you were 17, she was 7, when you were 10 she was a newborn etc. It sounds kind of morally wrong to me, even if sex isn't a part of it.
    I mean, why her instead of another 27 year old?

• I don't know if its really immoral but I don't know why a 27 year old would want to be with a 17 year old. They're in two completely different stages in life. The 27 year old probably has experienced more and has a better understanding of themselves. The 17 year old is probably still trying to figure out who she is, what she wants in life, and what she wants to do with her life. And you might say that she's very mature for her age but there's some maturity and wisdom that only comes with age.

• She going into pre dentistry on a scolarship and she seems to have it together but its true some maturity only comes with age :)

• Its true that someone that young can have a great head on their shoulders. There's just so many things you experience when your that young that continue to shape the person you're going to be. To me, when you're in your late twenties you are more set in who you are as a person where as someone in their late teens is still changing and evolving who they are.

• It wouldn't be as weird if they hadn't known each other so long. It weirds me out that you can watch someone grow up and be attracted to them. While she may be physically mature, I doubt that she would be on the same level mentally and physically as this man. That said, my grandparents married when she was 16 and he was 26, but she was already out of high school and that was a different time lol. He is 85 and she is 75 now.

• Both should be legal age before having sex. Wait til next year once the person turns 18 then you can have sex all u want.

• I meant to put the update here oops

• Well you still have to wait til the other one is legal, after that you can pretty much do whatever you want. You can date and feel free.

• grossgrossgrossgrossgrossgrossgrossgrossgrossgross,

they will both regreat it after they break up, because thier not in the same place in their lives

What Guys Said 6

• my dad met my mum pretty much under the same circumstances. they married at 19/29. being religious folk, they were both waiting till marriage for the whole sex thing. they have been happily married now for i think about 45 years.

i dont think the age gap is an issue at all if the 2 people genuinely care for one another.

• I agree. They are basically official but they don't show it to anyone. Like they don't kiss or even hold hands in public. If someone didn't know them you could think they were family lol. she's graduating this year and shell be 18 in may so big deal I think.

• There's absolutely no problem with that. 10 years is in my eyes rather a big difference, but if the two love each other why should it be an obstacle?
    I have seen marriages working out with him being almost 15 years older. It's not the regular case, but it happens and I see little reason to object as long as it's based on affection.

• It's creepy knowing that when he was 17 she was seven. That's the part that really makes it gross to me.

• To me that would be a little pedifilish and id be worried when they have kids.. Thats just me though bud

• I'm guessing if her parents are okay with it then he must be somewhat of a decent guy. It is weird though.

• It's legal in most states, likely his too.

Is it immoral for a 21 year old to have a glass of wine?