How many dates/months before becoming official (for you personally)?

How many dates/months before becoming official (for you personally)

Most Helpful Girl

• After the first kiss, then the deal should be sealed. Otherwise I'm outta there faster than they can blink. Usually only takes a couple dates in person to know whether it's going to go that way or not. Can be slow, can be over the course of a month.

What Girls Said 8

• It was about a month and a half...not many dates...maybe saw each other once or twice a week for a short time...but we knew each other from school beforehand

• Enough to know he's serious about a relationship, that he's not looking for a fling.Besides that it depends on how well and fast I'm getting to know him.

• Whenever he either makes it official or refers to me as his gf..

• me and my bf it took 3 years.. he courted me for 3 years :)

• No set time but I need to know where it's going before I get too invested.

• I'm still in high school so everything is more 'casual' I suppose. I would say two or three dates, as there's usually a lot of talking and texting in between dates in teen relationships.

• Not sure they all vary. Some times it never happened

• It's complicated to say, because it really depends on each person. For instance at the beginning of every relationship everything can seem to be sweet and perfect, but it takes time I'd say at least 2-3 months to really get to know each other better to become official.

I'll share a weird thing that happened to me:

When I realized my crush liked me back, we started to talk and went out already aware of our physical attraction for each other. So we hugged a lot without saying a word, and he kissed my hands, I was so carried away by that, the feeling was like we were meant to be together. We even shared little pecks and cheek kisses. But turns out after a few days he disappeared just like that, and made me realize he wasn't the person I thought he was. So technically our "Romance" just lasted about two weeks. :p

So yeah it definitely takes time to say you are official with someone. Months I'd say.

What Guys Said 0