How often should a girl text a guy?

We know each other through a friend and have yet to meet in person (although I want to asap!)

So far, we've texted three days in a row (he initiated the 1st, I the 2nd and he the 3rd), nothing yesterday and today would be the 5th day.

Should I give it another day's break? Or talk to him as I am longing to do? I don't want to come off as clingy or annoying.

How often should a girl text a guy? Is it okay for her to often initiate the convo?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its hard to say how often cuz it depends on the guy. Personally I HATE those stupid games. I prefer honesty. If you want to talk to me, then text me. If I'm into a girl I don't mind at all. It doesn't matter to me at all who initiates the convo.

• I love that. I feel the same way, I'm a very honest and open person but at the same time, I'm always trying to respect and understand the way that others see things as well. I guess that that's where all of this self doubt is coming from!

• Thats a great personality trait, trying to respect others ideas/feelings. I would say at some point just talk to him about how you are and why. He will understand. If it was me, not only would I understand but I would be flattered. If he doesn't at least understand those things about you then he's not worthy of you, period lol.

What Guys Said 4

• You should definitely text a guy first once in while.

When i text girls first and they never text me first i tend to think they are not interested in me.

• clingy, annoying is sending a text and when you don't get a response you start sending more texts asking why.

If he keeps responding then keep texting.

• Texting someone all the time isn't clingy. Clingy is getting upset or paranoid when the other person doesn't text you all the time, when you start making accusations about how the other person feels without reason based on the volume of their contact with you, making demands about how often the other person "checks in" with you, etc.

• as much as you want, i hate those stupid rules that people make that says you should text back after x minutes or something

What Girls Said 2

• Hmm I think you should be fine-just don't overdue it-know what I mean?
    just play it cool-ask him how his day is going or maybe ask something specific y'all have talked about?
    Good luck..

• It's ok to initiate a convo. Just don't text him all the time