Asking a girl out on a date through Facebook .?

I asked this girl out on a date on fb the other day and she has not replied to me yet. We know each other but its more like a hi hello thing. Did I do this whole thing wrong? Should I have asked in person or not at all. Does she even like me? Or should I try to follow up ony question..

So know I know it was a terrible idea at this time. Now what? Go look for someone else or talk to her In Person?
*now*

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm a proponent of doing shit face to face dude.
    I'll tell you one thing, if a chick is digging you she won't give a fuck how you ask her out. She'll jump at the chance.

• I wanted to ask in person but I just didn't have a chace to see her. So like this guy said, is it wise to go to her and follow up in my epic fail of a question?

• No dude. Don't follow up. Like I said, if she wanted you she would have jumped at the chance, even if you botched it.

the only exception is if your attempt was totally ambiguous and there is reason to believe that she didn't understand you.

But fuck it dude you don't have to listen to us. If deep down inside you feel you want another shot then go for it. Worst that's going to happen is her saying no. But if you do that make sure you do it face to face that way she can't run away from you.

What Girls Said 4

• Hey you all, don't go bashing my boyfriend lol. my boyfriend did ask me on a date over Facebook before we were officially together (in his defense we weren't able to see each other a lot ), but we were definitely friends when he did. you should've been talking to her for a while- like more as friends friends than acquaintances before you asked her on a date.

i think it is personal preference on whether she thinks its okay or not. i personally don't care, but my boyfriend continually calls himself a loser for doing it, and judging by the other opinions asking through Facebook isn't a good idea.

• You should have gotten to know her better. For future reference, don't ask a girl out over Facebook . Always do in person or phone call. Texting is for confirming dates. Leave Facebook out of everything, it's stupid.

• That is a terrible idea you should do it in person or through phone call

• She's not interested especially if you ask over fb. Try going up to her & talk to her about taking her on a date in person. Goodluck!

What Guys Said 4

• Bloody hell,
    I'm not going to waste so much time on Facebook thingy to ask a girl out:
    1) Texting msging too much on social networks is a waste of time, is not going to convey real emotions, no subcommunications at all=manipulation.
    2) If she knows u as a stranger, chances are she thinks you're a weirdo.
    3) Go do some daygame dude, stop these social networks, daygame is the most effective way to meet women.

• I'm going to go ahead Nd take this as a rejection from her so ce it was seen hours ago. I did want to say it I. Person but I had no ti.e to fi d her at school. I don't know just thought she was a bit I to me earlier I. The year but feeli vs cha he. Any ide how to avoid the awkward moments

• Sorry for spelling error

• I'm going to say that she either hasn't read it yet or she's not interested.

• Do it face-to-face, you'll have a greater chance of success.

• To the same girl?

• So what do I do now?

• I just told you, ask her out in person. If she declines, she was never physically attracted to you in the first place.

• Facebook is not a dating site. If you talked to her in real life them asked her on Facebook it would be ok.