For Guys! Do you expect girls to text you first?

I met him 3 days ago, we exchanged our email address.
He still hasn't text me, so now I should think that he is NOT interested in me, but is it okay for me to at least send him a short text first/now? or should I just forget about him?

Thank you much for your help.

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont expect texts first, but if i get a text from her it makes me feel happy and liked a lot

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• I text first but overtime I stop if I am the only one initiating. So I woulda texted first if I was interested but if I was only sending first messages I assume the girl's an attention whore and stop texting and see if she'll text (which the girls usually don't).

• Girls are usually not the initiating sex. If I ask her for the # or if she gives me her number I am the one that will text first. The only time I would expect a girl to text me first is when I give her my number and I don't have hers. Now in your case: If you really like the guy and he hasn't texted you I would not waste anymore time and go ahead and send him a text. There are really no hard set rules of who does what. The faster you get the conversation going and you set up that first initial date the better. Good luck.

• If your interested and want him to text you then yes, you need to text him. it is sexy to have women make the first move.

• Thank you for a great advice! :)

Should I wait a few more days to text him? (total 5 days or so) I just don't want him to think I waited 3 days for him to text me but he didn't text me so now I'm desperate so I'm taxing him.

• sorry, didn't know you could send a message to people. you are anonymous so I can't send one first. not sure what to tell you. you don't want to post it here?

• I checked the settings and they had default settings in there. one said only allow messages from people that follow me. I took that off. so if you still have questions fire away.

• Its less creepy if a woman sends the first text

• If you are interested to him, YES, text him!

• I don't expect girls to, but it'd be nice.

• I've always had to be the first to initiate... I would forget about him.

What Girls Said 1

• Glad you asked this cuz I've been wondering the same dang thing lol.