Can anyone give me a basic outline for an online dating profile? Thank you?
Most Helpful Guy
It depends on your goals but here are some general rules:
0. CREATE A NEW EMAIL THAT WILL ONLY BE USED FOR ONLINE DATING AND ENSURE THAT IT IS UNASSOCIATED WITH ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT YOU. Before online dating you were Clark Kent, but now you are online dating so you have to be Super Man. Or Bat Man. Or Whatever. Just play it safe to avoid being stalked IRL.
1. Never be negative (if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all); flaws/restrictions can be left in Q/A sections (if your site has them) or talked about while messaging or dating
2. Only post your best pics (keep one for every every thirty taken and throw the rest away);
3. NEVER USE PICS THAT ARE USED ELSEWHERE (or you can be image searched and harassed). I always take fresh pics, have them rated, post the best, then delete them all after so that I can't accidentally re-post the same pic elsewhere.
4. Since you are a guy you are going to be the one writing intro messages (women generally don't write first because of dumb traditional reasons, but the moment you start getting even a few rare messages is the moment you know you are getting closer to a VERY good profile). DO NOT EXPECT WOMEN TO WRITE YOU (just thank your lucky stars if one of them actually does)
5. Do not spend too much time writing an intro letter as half the time you will not get a reply. Women get like 30 messages per week or so compared to the 0.2 guys tend to average. However, do take some try to connect on some level that is more than 'sup'.
6. Make sure you know what's allowed to be posted and what's not allowed. Some sites allow 'private' pic albums with partial nudity, but lots of other sites will ban that kind of stuff. Personally, I've never taken such pics but I've seen them while crowd-moderating.
7. Don't delete your account just because you are unlucky. These sites emphasize searches on profiles that are 'fresher'. Instead frequently edit and update your profile to stay 'fresh'.0
- Show AllShow Less