Fiction: Is it creepy to date a writer?

So I have a few friends who are really into the whole writing deal. They write awesome novellas, short stories, poems and fictions. One of my friends wrote this story that was really similar to what was happening between her and her guy. I want to know what you think: Are writers creepy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Writers as a collective are not creepy. But they can be overly critical of their own work and of others' works, which can become annoying. I'm a freelance film reviewer and my friends never want to see movies with me because I'm always analyzing them [movies] to death; also, when I'm in the process of writing an article, I get absentminded and totally self-absorbed. I think it also depends on what kind of writers you are talking about; I use to do some editing work and I've met some high profile novelists who have ego problems and get touchy if you mention anything negative in their manuscripts. They especially hate if you compare their work with their peers. But for the most part, writers are intelligent people and great to converse with.

• No writer are not creepy, maybe just a little thoughtful. I spent twenty five years in the music industry (singer and guitarist) before I became a serious writer - or rather started to take it up seriously. I thoroughly enjoy it, the overwhelming thing for me is that people are willing to buy and read what I simply write or interpret. Whilst I can write on most things, it is mainly military history here in Australia that I research on. I've had one book published with another on the way.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know. Do you think I'm creepy? LOL, if anything I like other writers. Were a talented bunch, and most are very much the romantic type. Or at least women appear to be. So no, I don't think writers are "creepy". Maybe more comical and sarcastic, but creepy.

• I'm a professional writer, so I'm interested to see the answers on this one! lol

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it would be creepy, but then again, I love to write stories as a hobby as well. Lols. It's true that a lot of stories are inspired by real life events, but I don't see anything wrong with it. My stories though, are based purely off of my own imagination a lot of the time. Anyways, I think writers are creative, and that they are very interesting people. It's not like all writers are psychotic or crazed killers or anything like that. :P

• Kk true true... but this story is really creepy. its like our lives with changed names... and so rude. I don't know why she shows it to us when there is clearly some trash talking going on

• I would love to date a writer! I am an aspiring writer so to have someone who would have that similarity would be great.

• Well I have just come across this and yes, I am a writer - a published author who has one book already and about to complete a second. Whilst I am capable of writing on most subjects - being a man of the world and formerely involved for many years in the music industry, it is military history that I enjoy researching. Don't kow who you are, but you can contact me on kfgomm@hotmail.com if you ever want to.

• I sort of have a thing for writers, honestly.

I'm sort of an aspiring writer myself, though. But I don't find them creepy at all!