What would your opinion be of someone that fakes their belief in something just to date someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• How about a guy that fakes a religion just to get their building business? That's how low people can go.
    There's plenty of movies on this subject but Hollywood endings may have the faker become a believer after all.
    Would that be your case or hopes?

What Guys Said 6

• They're giving the other person a false sense of security. Part of being in a relationship is being able to confide in someone in a way that's unlike other bonds.

• It would tell me that they're not true to their beliefs or morals, which means they'll probably do or manipulate things to get what they want. And people like that are just bad news.

• Well its pretty easy to tell if someone is lying about their religion
    "Dont you just love what Jesus did?"
    "Yeah! Dont know how he got all those animals on the boat! And how he parted the Red Sea! Pretty amazing!"
    Maybe someone would be that bad but you get my point

• High. That's an extreme amount of dedication to a cause; to go so far as to betray yourself and your convictions.

• Those people are insecure and deceitful (although I rarely doubt there was ill intent)

• It would make me question what else their lying about.

What Girls Said 6

• It's never good to lie about yourself just to keep a relationship going. About anything, it doesn't just have to be beliefs (I'm guessing you mean religious beliefs in this case). It's better to be upfront and honest about your beliefs with a new boyfriend or girlfriend.

• i don't think the person is being honest and geninue , i do understand that people might want to impress the other party but i wouldn't like such behaviour.
    i prefer to make friends with sincere people

• Well, faking is pretty useless because in the end the truth will come out, so you better be honest from the start ^^

• I cannot respect that.

• I would be very wary of them.

• That they're fake and needy