How do men feel about paying for dates for women?

Just curious as to what the majority of men think about paying on dates. Although it may be the gentleman like thing to do, I dont think its a problem for a woman to pay. When should a woman pay? Does it emasculate a man if a woman pays or does a man find it a bother if he pays all the time for dinner and dates and such?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that the person who sends the date invitation should be in charge of planning the evening and paying for everything involved. If the man sends the invitation, the man pays. If the woman sends the invitation, the woman pays.

It seems rude to me to send a date invitation without a promise that the date is already taken care of. When you rely on the invitee to pay their own way, then you have not guaranteed that the date will go off without a hitch. The invitation sounds like this: "I want to show you a good time. Well, half of a good time. I'm the good half. The other half is something that you need to pay for. How much will it cost for the food, the movies, the games, and everything else? Who knows. Just bring all your money, because you might need it. And if you don't have enough money, well, I'm not going to promise to pay for it, so you are going to need to stress out about that the whole evening. Doesn't this date sound wonderful?" What kind of bullshit date invitation is that, you know?

What Guys Said 6

• Well this is a tough one.
    I hate not being able to pay for dates myself. If I could I would always pay. but I am newly divorced. My wife manipulated my feelings and took everything because I was in love and couldn't get myself to fight her. So I have lost every penny of my retirement, I have no savings, I have 3 boys. 2 live with me 2 weeks on/ 2 off, the other is 19 and lives with me permanent. I just cannot afford to pay every time. So yes, it is a big blow to the ego but I cannot put myself deep in debt for dating.

• I think the guy should pay most of the time. If a guy asks her out or if its kinda a mutual thing then he should pay. If she asks him out I think she should pay. Sometimes when there is a relationship, its kinda fun for a girl treat him to a date.

• I prefer to take turns paying. I think it's silly to say that it's emasculating.

• I say the guy should pay the first, all subsequent dates should be Dutch (both share the costs).

• For the first 3-4 dates I think a man should pay but after that we can split the bill if she wants.

• I don't even care. It's just money.

What Girls Said 3

• i say she should always pay for herself, unless theyre married :o
    like at least take turns paying. you pay this one, i pay next. it makes me uncomfortable seeing bf spend so much on a date. he spend all the money and i get to keep mine? how is that fair...

• Honestly, i would prefer the guy to pay and ever so often we can go dutch

• Women still earn 77 cents to every dollar a man makes, so he better pay for dinner :p