Would you date a single mother of 2?

I met this stunning 31 year old woman and we got on like house on fire. She was recently divorced and has two kids. 4 and 5.

I am single guy with no kids, no baggage. I have never dated someone with kids before so would like to try but I have been told by others it is never easy dating a single mother of 2.

Have you got any thoughts?

Very good points. Thank you. Her ex husband is still around and they had a long and violent history. I will think hard on this especially as children are involved. Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• If her divorce is not finalized and she is just in a separated status you need move on, no if, ands or buts about it, that means she is still married, end of story. You could quite possibly be the cause of a lot of issues when it comes to the courts and custody of her children because technically she will be committing adultery. If you haven't figured it out already, a divorce is a pretty big deal. This women really needs to wait until all the custody arrangements have been made and all the details of the divorce have been put in place. The dust really needs to settle on everything before bringing somebody else around her kids and putting herself back out there. You need to realize that the needs of her kids are always going to come first, things also need to be right, or at the very least as good as they can be with the father of the children. There a lot to take into consideration here. I have no doubt that this women is probably nice and has a good heart but she is not in any spot to be seeing someone else, just my opinion.

What Girls Said 10

• Finding someone with baggage, and even starting to date her, takes a very special kind of person. You have to bear in mind, that after a divorce, they are going to be lonely, and want to latch on to someone who is compassionate, giving, and who---loves children as well. So in essence, it could possibly even start out as a rebound, and that in itself, can become confusing and complicated for Everyone involved.
    And, not to forget, if things become serious, there is More than just your partner to consider, there is the partner's "love handles," her loved ones. When you pick and have chosen, there is a package deal that goes with them as well. The children are always going to come first in their life, for they are the most important part of their mind and soul.
    Yes, there is a lot to consider when "dating a single mother of 2." Because, although as of Now, you both "got on like house on fire," you have to keep in mind the magnitude and responsibility of what will happen Under this roof, and if you are prepared to handle it, in order to keep, not only the flame burning, but everything flowing nicely for everyone's sake.xx

• the older u get, the less of a big deal it is.

I have dated guys with kids and it varies. I would prefer a guy who didn't have kids, but like I said the older u get the more you're going to run into that so having kids isn't an automatic dealbreaker

• Aww this is nice that you think so nicely of her. :)
    For sure, women that have kids, and a weirdo ex-hubby is unsettling, but you kinda have to give it a chance. Because if you don't, who knows what you may miss out on!!!

Of course she'll have some obligations other than you, like her kiddies, their school activities, etc. but you have to work with her! And of course those kids aren't yours, but I feel like if you are with them for long enough, you'll start to love them as your own.

Many people have a lot of opinions that are very good as advice, but in the end you'll be making the decision!! Good Luck!

• I have been with guys in the past who have kids and neither relationship lasted. first relationship 3 years and second relationship a year. the problem is when it ends the kids no matter how old or young also get hurt. You also want to know how long they have been divorced. if the divorce is less then two years I would run in the opposite direction. there could be a chance that they could get back together and in the end you would get hurt.

• Great advice. They were on off since they were kids (12 years together). Divorced 2 years ago as he could not handle responsibilities. I am just worried about kids. I am ready to focus on the relationship but not sure if she is. Thank you.

• I completely understand. I started dating a single man with two kids. You are going to ha e a lot more family time then dates. And you have to ask yourself are you going to want to be involved with someone that speaks to their ex on a regular basis. He is always goin to be there and there will probably be some drama too. If you love kids and really like this woman then go for it. But remember you are just dating her you are having a relationship with the whole family. You will get attached to the kids and that's another factor to remember.

• He definitely needs to consider the kids. They are the most important asset of this women he likes. But then, there is the Ex. What if he is a compete asshole?

• Kids are not baggage-that is your first mistake. And at your age I am surprised you don't have kids yet. She will not have as much free time and will not have the free money like you may-but otherwise we are the same as single women. And we are pickier, so you are lucky if she is allowing you a chance into her and her kids world.

• The guy is 25-29. Why are you surprised he doesn't have kids yet? That's only smart.

• Because a ton of people that age already have kids. It may be smart-but I was speaking of reality.

• Well, be prepared to have a lot of your dates postponed if you consider dating someone with kids. It depends on your connection with her and if she has babysitters and not to mention her relationship with their father. If you are feeling her, give it a shot, but you have to be very patient and understanding.

• My man is 32 and doesn't have kids either I have a 16year old and a 6 year old and a 4 year old. He loves those kids like his own. He knew what he was getting himself into from the very start. We have been together for a year and we are almost the perfect couple. My kids go with their dad Wednesday night through Sunday so we have lots of just us time which is very nice. He does want kids of his own someday and I have my tubes tied but I will get it reversed for him. I totally understand. We had this discussion about everything from the very beginning. It is important that both parties understand and want the same things or you are just wasting each others time. Make sure you know what you want! There is kids involved

• I wouldn't. but thats just me. The females just don't attract me. ;)

• sure why not?

What Guys Said 13

• As obvious as this is there are a lot of men out there who don’t understand that single mothers are damaged women that make terrible significant others so let me sum this up as succinctly as possible: a single mother wants nothing more than to trap a beta to provide for her children so she doesn’t have to. Single mothers are at the bottom of the totem pole as far as LTR material goes but they do make excellent pussy pals if you know what you’re doing. Her mission in life is to lock down a beta provider for her young at all costs. This makes gaming them is child’s play and they will often treat you much better than their younger, hotter, childless competition. As long as you understand what they really want out of you and treat them accordingly, you’ll have no shortage of these venturesome vixens willing to suck the life out of you for a chance at that social and financial security they so richly deserve. Men here know there are countless reasons dating a single mother is a terrible idea. Any man who unwittingly wanders into the clutches of one of these harpies is doomed from the start. Once she has her talons in him he’s stuck raising another man’s offspring and before he knows it, she’s off looking for an alpha fux (her ex in a lot of cases) to compliment her beta bux. A no win situation for the poor sap.

Use her as a fuck buddy, nothing more. Single mothers make great fuck buddies. They’re unselfish in the sack and available all the time (watch how quickly they can find a last minute babysitter when alpha cock is calling). But making her anything other than a coitus companion is a huge mistake. As soon as she gets the idea that she’s anything more than a moist hole for your salty swimmers she’ll expect to be treated like a girlfriend thinking you’ve finally taken the bait.

• I don't think so. I mean it's not so much the children as much as 10 years is just a bit too much of an age gap.

• Hell no! So many reasons not to and so few reasons to do it. Single moms are 100% a no go. the only exception is if her husband died and even then it's sad but probably not worth it.

• Honestly? I probably wouldn't.

• Dude...run the fuck away.

• God No, she will have no time for sex, her vagina will be loose from squeezing out two kids. ands kids are so annoying, plus like 31 is soooo old, for a woman

• go for it dude.. Even it did'nt work, its goiing to be a great experience in our life

good luck

• i'd never date anyone with children. this is because i don't want kids of my own, there's no way i'd want another person's.

• u love them?

• Yes I would.I love children in general as well.But I will tell you that It would be hard to see those children as yours..

• I seem to doubt that

• Single mothers have to stay in their league. Single mothers should only date single fathers.

It's unrealistic for a single mom to expect to deserve a guy who doesn't have kids of his own. It's unrealistic for a single mom to think a guy without kids will 180 his lifestyle and spend his money to support a kid that's not his.

• Date, don't marry.