A guy that I know kept on staring at me and and when I turned to meet his stare he just kept on staring till I broke contact. What can it mean?

So I've known this guy for about four months now and we just talk just to greet each other. Today we (along with other people) practiced this song in which we are going to sing. I noticed that he stared at me and when I turned to look at him, he wouldn't even fidget and ended up with me breaking eye contact. A little while later I feel him looking at me again and I make eye contact again, the same thing happened, just that I did this awkward smile at the end because I'm not used to this stuff. Oh and before the staring, I made a gesture regarding the song. I was smiling and laughing and when I turned, he was looking at me, but he was smiling along as well. He didn't have a blank stare in his eyes, on the contrary, he squinted his eyes, focusing and observing my eyes. I'm confused. What do I do? I like him but I don't want to get my hopes up on something that could be meaningless. Thanks in advance!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• This has recently happened to me as well.

A guy in my tutorial/studio group was shamelessly staring at me whilst we were on a university trip together.
    6 weeks later and we're kind of seeing each-other...

Anyway if you like him, talk to him. Don't get your hopes up too early just in case he has been sending you mixed signals but there's no shame in starting up a friendship is there?

From there, you can get to know each-other and if it's meant to be, it will just happen naturally. If not, you've gained yourself an awesome friend who you share interests with. Either way it's a win-win situation!

Okay so in the worst possible outcome, you may have to face the slight disappointment of him not actually sharing your feelings but that'll be his loss and hopefully if you're both mature enough, you can stay friends :)

Now go talk to him!! Goodluck! :)

• Thanks for your thoughts! You brought a smile to my face :) I'll try to talk to him next time! Wish me luck! :D