How to get over an ex? Any suggestions?

It's been a year since my ex broke up with me and I can't move on.. she's always on my mind

Most Helpful Girl

• Easier said than done, but try to find other things to think about.

My first boyfriend and I dated for nearly a year... when we broke up I remember just laying in bed wondering if I would be able to put him out of mind, after he had been on my mind for that whole time, not to mention the time we had spent as friends before that.

But, like I said, I just found other things to think about, found ways to occupy my time, reading and playing video games and focusing on school. I tossed out things that made me think of him, and anything I wanted to keep, I made sure to put it away in storage. Eventually I just stopped thinking about him, I don't remember how long it took but I don't think it was very long. It didn't help that we still had school and classes together but I just kept to myself and didn't interact with him if I didn't have to.

Of course every now and then I'll think about him, I mean you can't just totally wipe them from your memory, but that's something you have to deal with. Finding distractions in the meantime can be really helpful.

• Thanks for the advice

What Girls Said 1

• Need more information. On what terms did you end?

What Guys Said 1

• its hard i know your pain. do you talk to her still? if not you should. if so tell her. it may be that your holding on because she doesn't know you're holding on.

• She knows I'm still holding on.. she blocked me from db and doesn't return my calls, messages

• I meant fb